Kicker CVR12

Discussion in 'Subwoofer Box and Custom Fabrication' started by electrolytic, May 17, 2007.

1. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Kicker CVR12

This is what i came up with eazy, i may be wrong though who knows..This is just one box, not separate chambers and with the subs hooked parallel and 800 watts to them. I know it's not how your going to have it but should be close i think.

Attached Files:

2. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Attached Files:

3. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Attached Files:

4. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Attached Files:

5. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

I think you've got it, and two 6-inch vents is perfect.

Now lets play a little. Look at your amplitude response, notice its above 6dB (thats OK). Just out of curiousity, tune the port lower and see if it helps the excursion (hard to tell but it looks like your at 29 or 30, which is OK) Lets shoot for 27 or 28 on the excursion. But dont let your peak (amplitude resonse) go below 6dB.

Vent velocity is good, you DONT need larger ports.

6. eazy

eazy Full Member

Hmm. The box I was planning to build was 2 chambered.. 2.25 cubes per chamber with 1 slot vent per chamber (2.5" x 12.5" and 17.5" long). The box is going to be tuned to 40 Hz. Each CVR12 will be powred by a kicker 400.1

EDIT: Hey is there any way you can make the width 43", the height 14", and just mess with the depth? And by the way, do you have to pay for this program?

Last edited: May 17, 2007
  7. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

haha, wow you just blew my mind woooooooooooooooo

Attached Files:

8. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

sorry eazy i know maybe i can work it out the other way

Attached Files:

9. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

BassBox Pro currently sells for around $120. Electrolytic might know someplace cheaper but I dont.

Yes, you can leave height and width alone and adjust depth for size. I pesonally don't like seperate enclosures for each woofer but in your case go for it. Because you are using an amp per woofer, it will make adjusting amps easier.

Electrolytic, Now thats a smooth Graph, you've got it. Did you notice that excursion moved over? The peak did not suffer. Major Plus!!!

Last edited: May 17, 2007
  10. eazy

eazy Full Member

Okay good, do the port dimensions and tune sound good?

11. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

yes! i like to hear that, cool thanks ranger, i can run it through the size you want eazy

12. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

yes i saw that ranger, here's single box so you can just make two of these? lol

Attached Files:

13. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Attached Files:

14. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Attached Files:

15. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Attached Files:

16. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Attached Files:

17. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Attached Files:

18. eazy

eazy Full Member

So what do you think Ranger, does this sound good?

2 chambered, 2.25 cubes per chamber with 1 slot vent per chamber (2.5" x 12.5" and 17.5" long), tuned to 40 Hz?

19. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

i'd say go with azns, we got basically the same results for this.

20. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Electrolytic, notice that the vent length is red, its red because it wont fit in the box.

Easy, I always prefer one larger box to two smaller ones. The two smaller boxes will tend to be a little peaky. If its in the trunk of a car, its usually not a big problem.

It should work OK