Kicker CVR 10's

Discussion in 'Subwoofer Box and Custom Fabrication' started by luckydawg003, Feb 13, 2008.

1. luckydawg003

luckydawg003 Full Member

I need help setting up these two subs. I really need help building a box for these to go in my 07 Mustang. I know the subs are 33.2hz, but really have no idea what that means. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks.

2. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

how soon do you want an enclosure design??

I have a few others to make for some people.

3. luckydawg003

luckydawg003 Full Member

I'm not in any hurry, take your time. Thanks for the help though.

4. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

azn is pretty damn good at designing boxes. hes helped me design a box for two 13Ov.2s off a nine.1 that absolutely pounds. Another one that i just built this past sunday two infinity reference 1252Ws off a rockford P6002 that is loud as hell and sounds wonderful. Hes also currently designing a t-line for me for one old school kicker s10d that he says he wont show me the design til later.

5. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

yes, if you want a someone to design a box for you, azn is the one you want doing it.

6. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

thanks for the support guys

7. luckydawg003

luckydawg003 Full Member

You still busy aznboi3644, let me know when you can help me design my sub box.

8. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

see what you got yourself into azn? You have tons of boxes to design now. Everybody wants an azn box creation. must be a nice feeling though.

I tried to take a look a WinISD, had no phucking idea what i was looking at. Couldn't understand a thing.

9. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I'll try to get it by tomorrow night...I forgot all about your enclosure...my bad lol

I have tried to write down the names and enclosures that I need to design down on a sheet of paper but this one never crossed my mind.

It should be done by tomorrow night though

10. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

how wide of a box can fit in your trunk?

11. luckydawg003

luckydawg003 Full Member

I should be able to fit a 34" wide box in their, something like this just for 2 10's, using 3/4 mdf board.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2008
  12. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

ok thats all I needed...I just need to fill in some information.

I finally got a notebook to keep track of everyones designs and the information about em.

13. luckydawg003

luckydawg003 Full Member

Azn do you need any other info. I want the box to fit in that weird upward angle near the rear seats. I think a sealed box would be easiest for me to build. Should I have the subs face the trunk or towards the front of the car? I want clean clear bass more than anything. I don't care how load it is, cause I don't listen to my music that loud.

14. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

unless you are going to completely seal off the trunk from the cabin than the subs will fire towards the rear. So you want more sound quality than boom boom???

I'll make the design easier by using round pvc ports

15. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

your dimensions can't even fit the sub cutout with cutting into the sides

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2008
  16. luckydawg003

luckydawg003 Full Member

Thats why you have to put the angle in the bottom of the box. So the front is long enough to cutout the sub holes. I want the box to go here, from the start of the hump to the rear seats.

[​IMG]

17. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

that angle does little to nothing..it wasn't even worth putting in

18. luckydawg003

luckydawg003 Full Member

Do you think I should just scrap the idea of having the box in the back of my trunk on top of that upward angle, and just make a regular square box and put it on the flat part before the hump begins. Then use the hump to mount my 2 large amps. What do you think Az?

Well I think I'm going to mount my 4 channel amp to the rear seats, it will have to go on both of the seats cause its so long. So I need the box wide enough and to have enough space to mount the 2 channel amp to the box either on the back of the box or the top of the box. Preferably the back since I have my rear speaker magnets near were the top of the sub box will go.

I just fit my other box in the trunk to see if it would fit. It did. The box was for 2 12s, it was 31x13x13 and fit in the trunk nicely. I just put it starting at the hump with the back of the box, and had it come forward. It wouldn't fit on the angle.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2008
  19. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

That would be a great idea

20. luckydawg003

luckydawg003 Full Member

Well I can't use that box, that was for my 2 12's that have too much power. I need a dual 10' box for my kicker cvr's. I made a mockup of the diagram above and it just barely fits with no room for my amps. So I'm thinking about cutting the flat part out of the very rear of it..the 3.5 inches and just making the top go down to the top of the angle part. So basically cutting 3.5 inches off the back of the box. Can you make a diagram for me.