Kenwood with no bass?

Discussion in 'Car Audio Head Units' started by abchoppers, Dec 26, 2010.

1. abchoppers

abchoppers New Member

Just installed a Kenwood KDC-MP342U Head unit in my Dodge Ram. Everything works good, but I don't seem to be getting any bass from the speakers. When I fade to rear it's very low and "tinny" sounding. Fade to front and they sound better, but no real bass.

It's not my speakers because I reinstalled the old receiver and faded them to rear and it sounds good.

I know there's a way to switch preoutputs to subwoofer or rear, I can't figure out how to do that. Do you guys think it's a setting problem? I'm stumped.

Thanks for any help,
    Ryan

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

if your front speakers have no bass output maybe you have one of them wired out of phase with the other. swap one on the front speaker wires on either speaker then retest.

for the rears, im at a loss... maybe they are wired wrong somehow as well?

3. abchoppers

abchoppers New Member

Thanks for the response. I checked the wiring front and back and everything seems correct.

The only thing actually working are the front tweeters, so somehow it's like the subwoofers are shut off to all speakers through the head unit.

Anyone know how to set the subwoofers to on with this kenwood unit?

4. abchoppers

abchoppers New Member

I just solved it, had to tie all the blue wires together. I guess Dodge has it's own amp with the Infinity system. It was like playing it with no amp, works great now.

5. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

good deal 1