Kenwood KVT-512 Flip out DVD head unit, single DIN. Comes with everything needed!

Discussion in 'Car Audio Classifieds' started by papito, Sep 14, 2010.

1. papito

papito Full Member

Up for sale is a Kenwood KVT512 head unit, that has the mod switch on it to play DVDs while the car is moving. It has a blown fuse or something that needs to be replaced. It worked perfect for 8 months and since the day I bought it never gave me trouble. It's truly a great head unit, Kenwood makes good stuff.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-hsmxnCd9im6/p_113KVT512/Kenwood-KVT-512.html

Condition of this unit is 9/10!

I was told by a local shop that it needs a new fuse, but I am not knowledgeable about these to take them apart and repair, so I'm just going to sell it rather than try to fix it and risk screwing something up.

Asking $200 shipped OBO!
    Comes with iPod cable and all wiring needed like the harness and stuff.

Its a minor fix, but item is sold as is. Just a little work and you have a $900+ head unit (what I paid for at best buy)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  2. papito

papito Full Member

Bump! Price reduced to $180 shipped!

3. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

I would like it, but I want a guarantee that the fuse will make it work

4. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

replacing a fuse is super easy papito.

you do mean the outside inline power fuse right?

5. papito

papito Full Member

I honestly don't know Pedro. I've never taken one of these apart, but I was told that it was the fuse that's inside the stereo.

Jonnyv, I was told by a professional audio repair shop that that was the problem. So that's what I'm going off of.

6. papito

papito Full Member

First post updated alittle and better pictures posted!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

since you are new, is there any way you could send first, I'll take a look at it, see if i can fix it, then I will send you the payment via paypal within 48 hours of me receiving it. If not, Ill send it right back. I have been around on forums for quite a while. and I have bought stuff from people.

8. Klinkster

Klinkster Full Member

Fuses are designed to be easily replaced.

I am shocked to see that they put it inside the case!

That being said, I would THINK that it still might be a user friendly fix. It might just be a couple of screws that need to be removed to remove the outer shell. Most manufacturers that make products that have screws the enduser can safely remove without jacking the thing up usually put a mark around the screws that can be removed safely.

It looks something like an arrow like this: <= that is next to the screw.

Is there anything on the outer case that looks like that?

If it were mine, I would try to get it working if you want to sell it easily. Most buyers, unless they are buying for parts only, won't touch electronics that aren't functional unless they have a guaranty. Even then its a hassle to return it if its not the problem that you thought it was.

Even if you sell for parts, I think that's a hard sell and will only get a few bucks (not hundreds) if you're lucky.

Just my 2 cents worth ;)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  9. papito

papito Full Member

Sorry, but I'm definitely not comfortable sending first. I understand I'm new and I don't know anyone on this forum that well yet, but I don't want to take a chance and get taken advantage of. I'm not saying that you would do anything like that, but it's a chance I'm not willing to take. Sorry.

I looked the unit over and There are about 8 screws, 4 on the two sides and 4 on the back, but I didn't see any arrows. I assume the fuse would be somewhere, visible, after taking these screws out and opening it up.

10. papito

papito Full Member

Bump! Price lowered to $170 shipped!

11. papito

papito Full Member

Bump!!!!!1

12. papito

papito Full Member

Bump!!!!!!!!

13. calyxes

calyxes Full Member

14. calyxes