Jvc Hu Problems

Discussion in 'Car Audio Head Units' started by The_Ancient, Sep 18, 2004.

1. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Well it is offical, I have the worst luck...

I have been having tranny problems for the last 6mos, my Truck as been in and out of the shop every other week, Finally they replaced every part in the tranny even the CASE, so it is fixed now

I pick it up today, get it to my dad's house, put in a freshly burned CD to listen on my 140mi trip home, and the CD Player says:

"PLEASE EJECT" :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

Tired 10 other Discs, Nothing will play in the player!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone have any idea what the damn issue is???

it is a 1999 JVC KDSX950 CD player

2. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Blame it on the mechanics? :lol:

Could it be something silly like the laser being dirty? I know they sell CD player 'cleaning discs'... I'm not sure how they work (or even 'if', for that matter), but it might be something to try.

Or, obviously since you are already out of warranty- maybe something fun to dissect and attempt to clean and inspect that way. B)

3. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Bought a Cleaning disc this morning, No Luck...............

Well I guess it is time for a new CD Player

4. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

try removingpower from the car to reset the HU.... You never know.

5. hobbes26

hobbes26 Full Member

No reset button?

6. PolkMM

PolkMM Full Member

this happened to my dads old JVC a few weeks ago...
    -Cody

7. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

will do
    None that I can find

<!--QuoteBegin-PolkMM
    @Sep 20 2004, 02:39 PM
    this happened to my dads old JVC a few weeks ago...
    -Cody
    [post=22200]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/quote]
    Did you fix it?

8. PolkMM

PolkMM Full Member

havent had time--im going to take it apart someday and go over the wiring and clean it out a little...i tried the disc cleaner as well with no luck
    -Cody

9. objext

objext Full Member

can you tell if the cd is spinning at all? e.g. try putting a cd in, noting the orientation of the cd, then eject it and see if it's moved.

10. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

that would be a NO

Anyone have a Cheap Used CD Player for sale? I looked here and on CAF and no one has any CD Players... Damn it

11. forbidden

forbidden Full Member

If the cd player loads the cd but will not spin it, it is a failure of the drive mechanism. Could be a worn out plastic gear or a gummed up gear or a failure of the entire circuit that controls it. If it spins the cd and cannot find the table of contents it might be an alignment issue. Either way a trip to the service shop is in order. That really sucks, especially on a long trip like that. At least I have the nice sound of a BOV to listen to on my trips between stores right now. In time I'll throw my amp rack together and have tunes once again.

12. objext

objext Full Member

Can't recall ever seeing a cd spinning mech that wasn't a direct drive motor. It's usually the circuitry/motor...

13. PolkMM

PolkMM Full Member

my dad said he took it somewhere and they said the laser was out...
    its a kd-sx750
    they wanted like 80 bucks to fix it...its probably a 100$ hu now...
    plus they mustve ripped the damn face plate off b/c it doesnt stay on anymore
    bastards
    -Cody

14. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

I would not pay that

I am buying a KDAR800 from CAF, you cna pick them up on Cructfield for about $230 Unauthorized for about $180

and that is the Mid Level JVC, loooks like JVC dropped the price points since I have been out of the game

15. PolkMM

PolkMM Full Member

yea i told him not too...anyone know how hard it is to change out a laser?
    -Cody

16. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

more trouble than it is worth

it is like your TV, if it breaks you dont fix it, you buy a new one

Just buy a New on and be done with it ;)

17. PolkMM

PolkMM Full Member

ahh...i hate that crap...lol
    my brothers bulb burnt out in his scanner a while back and the bulb was more expensive than the damn scanner...
    -Cody

18. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

We've got a JVC that lights up a billion and a half different colors (looks basic, the display, otherwise), plays MP3's and CD's, and we sell that unit for $180 authorized... with room to negotiate on price even...

Seems like a decent unit - but definitely, JVC seems to have come down on the price points...

Although, it's more fair to say "returned to where they used to be" - I remember, the first detatchable-face HU that I owned was a JVC (anyone ELSE old enough to remember the pullout units that predated detatchable faces? :p You know who you are... ;) )...and I bought the JVC, because all the other detachable face units of the day were at least twice the price of the JVC. B)

19. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

when did you start selling CD players?

and where were you at 5 days ago when I was looking... No I am commited to buying a differant one probally for more money :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: