jlw7 vs mtx t95

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by magnum340, Dec 10, 2006.

1. magnum340

magnum340 Full Member

dose anyone have any suggestions on these 2 woofers? the mtx woofer says its built to destroy the w7, but still theres a big price diffrence, alot more for the w7 or am i paying for the name jl? can anyone thats herd both of these woofers tell a diffrence? iv herd ALOT about jl but is the mtx that good to call out the w7? please help.

2. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I'd get the JL over the MTX any day...price difference is the amazing quality of the JL

3. magnum340

magnum340 Full Member

i only want to spend about 250-300$ for one sub. on ebay ofcours! i have my punch800a2 800rms! anyother suggestions on a single woofer, a kick ass woofer for that price?

4. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

if you are on a budget go ahead and get the MTX you wont be disappointed.. are you talking about the 9500 series MTX? if so.. go for it.

5. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Well a 800a2 wouldn't really push a JLw7 at all....I'd get a W6 for that amp if you wanna go JL....or the MTX 7500 series if you wanna go MTX.

Check out Digital Designs or TC Sounds...very high quality stuff

6. CadillacETC1997

CadillacETC1997 Well-Known Member

JL
    nuff said

7. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Caddy how much power are you pushing to your W6s???

Cuz right now I have one in a sealed box pushing about 700-800 to it and its taking it like its nothing...yes sound quality is amazing

8. CadillacETC1997

lol
    rated power
    or ACTUAL power
    they are being powered by my US-AMP DE-1000
    its rated at 1000 watts rms at 1 ohm
    500 at 2
    250 at 4
    right now they are wired for 4 ohms but i used to have them at 1 i wired them at 4 to have a better life and tighter base
    the US DE-1000 really puts out power more like this though
    1700 watts @1
    1200 @ 2
    900 @ 4....

so i had those suckers at 1700 watts for over 5 mths and they pounded over and over and over

oh and a 800.2 aint shyt to push a W7

9. magnum340

magnum340 Full Member

i also dont have the money to buy a w7. just wanted to know if there was a diffrence in sound a (300+$) diffrence? couse i could afford the 7500 and possibly the 9500. just wanted to know.

10. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

grab a 7500 and call it a day.

11. magnum340

magnum340 Full Member

i think i will , but you guys agree on a potred box? and that i wont be disapointed in the bass? i currently have a mtx 12 the lowest seriece 200rms and my punch 200 in my magnum rt which sounds really good but id like to use my 800. and for my price range is that possibbly one of the better subs to buy, can anyone tell me if it will do ok in the spl or sq. not realy sure what they are but i know its good. thanx for all the help so far.

12. CadillacETC1997

idk if they have it where your at
    but CC is having a buy one mtx get one free deal...

13. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Hell those Road Thunders don't have nothin on the 7500's or higher.

Get one 7500 series and build a box that is specified in the manual and you'll be poundin away...don't worry about pushing some power to it

14. magnum340

magnum340 Full Member

you guys might know a little more than i do, but i think you meen the 8500? its a 600rms sub. the 7500 i belive is a 4 or 5 hundred rms sub. and you say to go ahead and push the limits on the watts. do you guys know about the spl or sq on this sub 8500

15. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

the 7500 may be rated at 400 watts rms but its underrated

16. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

the 7500 , 8500, and 9500 are part of the same family really. Each one a little more beefier than the next. 7500 is the lowest of their "super subs" or whatever they call them but is also the cheapest. It will put out some great sound im sure. I mean if you want to spend the extra money and move up the line go right ahead. Really comes down to your budget. Running it at its highest rms rating isnt going to hurt it.. thats what the number is there for. Lots of guys like ported boxes for max bass but I prefer sealed boxes myself. Ported boxes excell at the frequency they are tuned to but it takes away from the other frequencies. Its like putting in new cams on your engine.. you are moving the power curve either to smooth it out so you have power throughout the RPM range (sealed) or you are going to be moving your power into the higher or lower RPM range to max out its output in those specific ranges (ported).

17. magnum340

magnum340 Full Member

wow i got alot to lern. sorry guys i still havnt made my mind. every store i go to ofcours say the subs they carry are the best. for a wile i wanted the l7 then the fosgate and now im not even sure if i want the mtx. i know what u guys are going to say get what YOU

18. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Only Fosgate that is quality is the T line....T1 and T2's

19. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

well how much money do you want to spend.. and what is your goal? SQ, SQL , or SPL.. music type? maybe we can make some suggestions.

20. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Ya'll gots to be kidding. Do both woofers have the same surface area?

Then there is no real appreciable difference. Get over it

This is ridiculous. Can this go on any longer?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2006