JL 15W0v2 subwoofers

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by des343, Feb 20, 2011.

1. des343

des343 Full Member

i have found 2 of these in a sealed box in good condition they are asking 300...thought im sure i can get it for under 250..

question being is it worth it? or should i keep looking

im trying to pair them with my JBL 14001 amp.

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

if you can inspect them in person that would be nice.

how old are they? because JL subs use foam surrounds and they like to rot out easily.

3. des343

des343 Full Member

yeah i thought they were older judging by the picture they looked different i then asked how old they said they are about 7 years old but just sat in a closet for more than half of that and they look very well taken care of even the box is in new condition

but with them being 7 years old i fear they cant handle what i wanna do...its just hard on such a low price

i did talk him into 200 for 2 boxes for them sealed and bandpass and he is giving me a couple amps i guess one is a 1200 watt sony xplode and the other is a 600 watt lanzar or something im assuming both are older but i like the age factor with the amps..

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  4. des343

des343 Full Member

he says they are 7 years old but been sitting most of the time in a closet..they pictures look good..

here is a picture of them http://kalamazoo.craigslist.org/ele/2194595218.html

please some input because im leaning towards getting these and hooking them up to either that GTO (doubtfully) or my kenwood KAC-9104D this isnt looking like too bad of a deal i mean they are 15s right?..but for the age and everything im not sure really though he is throwing a couple amps in the sony could be DECENT right? and a couple boxes

is this just not good?

5. connerray2010

connerray2010 Full Member

Sounds good. have him hook them up and let u listen to them

6. des343

des343 Full Member

dont think that they are 7 years old would be bad?

7. caraudioking

caraudioking Full Member

if u are truly getting those sub's in a box with an extra box with 2 amps for under 200.00 then snap that up!

8. des343

des343 Full Member

lol thanks i like the replys (i have a lot of open threads :/) but yeah i really am considering it i am just going to check a local pawnshop first and if not i may just go check them out tonight

9. caraudioking

caraudioking Full Member

well in all honesty thats not a deal i would pass up bud

10. des343

des343 Full Member

even for 7 year old subs though i see that the new ones go for around 130 or so a peice...and i know they are like only like 250 watts rms a piece...it just seems like i could get something a little better for the price is all..

im just worried that the older ones wouldnt stack up with the newer ones even.

11. caraudioking

caraudioking Full Member

i thought you were getting the subs, 2 boxes, and 2 amps for 200?

12. des343

des343 Full Member

yeah that was the deal but those subs brand new are around 140 or so online. I just i may have found my choice sub though the w7 13 inch

13. caraudioking

caraudioking Full Member

in my oppionion your better off getting those subs with the boxes and amps and turn around and sell em for much more then u bought them for! then u would have even more money to spend on what u want!

14. des343

des343 Full Member

actually thats what i was thinking but i dont think i would truely get much more for them than i paid..

and this w7 is for sure the sub i want and its worth close to 800 dollars..way more than i could ever PAY for it..but i dont mind doing the trade..

W7 get a lot of people saying good and a lot saying bad but i heard the 12 one time and it blew my mind..so im thinking im getting a good deal in this package

15. caraudioking

caraudioking Full Member

if thats what makes u happy then i say go for it, ive experianced w7's and im not real happy with jl, but if thats what u want dont let anyone tell u different!

16. des343

des343 Full Member

thank you and i have to admit looking at what you get for the price i would never do it!! But looking at it for what it is and givin the price and what im actually giving up isnt much in comparison thats the only reason i am so happy with it..it beats out any 200 dollar sub i could buy

17. caraudioking

caraudioking Full Member

actualy not neccasarily! resale value yes! performance not at all.

18. des343

des343 Full Member

what one sub would out perform this? that is in the price range of 200 and under?

19. caraudioking

caraudioking Full Member

well for the money there r a bunch actualy! mofo, planet audio big bang, alpine type r, kicker l7, now that does not mean it will sound as clean but to most poeple they wont tell the differance because they arent completely sq aquainted