If You Could Have Lunch With Anyone Alive.........

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Steven Kephart, Aug 1, 2004.

1. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

Well I came close to my choices today. I had lunch with Scott Atwell of Destijl and Dan Wiggins. The only other people I would like to add to the list would be David Hyre, maybe some of the other top engineers like Kippel, Geddes, etc. and Jesus (you know he would make a killer sub if he chose too :yes: ). And the setting couldn't have been any better. It was a nice 75 degrees and sunny, and we had lunch in Seattle at the docks. It's times like this that I truely realize how lucky I am.

Sorry for bragging. But you know you would too if you were in my position. :p

Steven Kephart
    Adire Audio

2. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

ohh come on now...... lets get some real "dreams" out there

Huge Heffner at the Playboy mansion ;)

why watch a bunch of Guys eat when you can watch naked Females Run around B) B) B)

3. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

Because the knowledge gained from the discussion will be much more valuable IMO. B) In fact I would choose the above company over Natalie Portman. Sure she is very smart and cute, but her expertise (in psychology) isn't in a topic I have interest in.

Steven Kephart
    Adire Audio

4. chadillac3

chadillac3 Full Member

Osama...I'd like to gut him like a fucking pig.

5. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

At CES this year, I met Dr. Klippel at the SEAS booth, where he gave both myself and Delvryboy a detailed walk through of the Klippel distortion analyzer, explaining how it worked.
    That was cool enough...

I stayed around for a few minutes, and watched him try to explain to another group that came in... one guy essentially said "I'm involved in sales for this company now, and I don't know how speakers work... but would this thing help me design speakers?"
    ...man, I really felt for Dr. Klippel.

And possibly one of the most flattering moments of my life happened a day later at CES-
    As I was walking around a completely different complex, the car audio complex, just checking this and that out.
    As Delvryboy and I were looking at some lovely model at some asian build-house's booth, I got a tap on the shoulder... I turned around, and there was Dr. Klippel, who recognized us from the day before, and had come over to say hello.

He truly is a nice guy, as well as unbelievably brilliant. B)

6. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

I guess I am really fortunate. I eat most meals with the people I would want to every day... My family B)

7. Krelkor

Krelkor Full Member

hell, even i get to eat with seths mom.... no biggie :D :D

President Bush for me

so i can buy him a beer, and discuss the finer points of golf. no political stuff, just bad ass guy stuff.

8. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

You would pick BUSH as your "Bad Ass Guy" to hang out with? :lol:

Not Swartzenegger? Not Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson? Not Henry Rollins?

Bush?

Step 1: Move away again, quickly.. escape the Vulcan mind-meld of highly-developed, non-opinionated non-rational Republican parental units.
    ...Being Republican is not a crime, recognizing a global/domestic threat (both lead to domestic strife) is, IMO (I voted for Bush this past election... who knew it could be so bad).

Step 2: Pick up a newspaper, tune in CNN.

Step 3: Pick up a Blockbuster card, tune in Spike TV, find new male "bad-ass" role model

Step 4: Be critical, of everything (not necessarily verbally so ;)). Be aware of where other people's criticisms exist. Analyze conflicting criticisms, and identify weaknesses, or subtle irrationalities, scenarios with too many dependencies that attempt to 'work around' common sense, or just arguements not conforming to common sense, or common economics (apply economic concepts to areas outside of financial concern, such as global affairs, terrorism, etc).

Step 5: Enjoy your new "Lasek vision for the soul". Throw away colored tinted glasses. B)

9. Krelkor

Krelkor Full Member

aaaaaaaaaaarnold is for dinner

duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

who said it was a role model
    lol

10. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

everyone of you disappoint me, except seth, but hey we all know what a Wife does to you :p :p :p

I think all of you have turned queer.......

11. luvdeftonz

luvdeftonz Full Member

John Wooden. The most upstanding person I can think of. I could talk to him for hours...

:)

12. texcon

texcon Full Member

^^^ What he said. I eat dinner with my wife almost every night and that is the best dinner mate I could ask for.

13. _gonz_

_gonz_ Full Member

dunno, quite possibly Ann Coulter
    not just another pretty face, but smart too!

14. smgreen20

smgreen20 Full Member

Bill Armor.
    He's a retired vet of war. He's been so many places, seen so many things knows so much, and his stories are those that draw you in cuase they're so damn interesting...they're all true with what goes on in war. Someone you HAVE to respect. Plus it's cool that he could kill you before you could blink, with just his hands. LOL!

15. vitveet

vitveet Full Member

I myself would like to meet with Dan Wiggins, Chris (from Adire), Stephen Kephart, and Geolemon!!!! All these guys have talent and knowledge that'll just give you the feeling of "importance" (if you can understand that...??!?!)

V.

16. Snausages01

Snausages01 Full Member

:lmfao: :stupid:

Haha...Got a kick out of that one.

Just stopping in to say hello. Hopefully I'll get back to my ole' routine and stop in more often.

Damn, this place has changed. Hell, it took me 10 min to figure out to use the quote button and how to reply. (hehe)

17. _gonz_

_gonz_ Full Member

Well i guess i'm fortunate to know at least one of them guys B)
    Chris, if this ain't a compliment, i dunno what is?

If the rest of those named are as interesting to speak with as Geo, then i'd have to agree with ya, Vitveet.

18. vitveet

vitveet Full Member

yeah, all those guys are polite and have the "talk of knowledge"! I would also like to add Stephen Ponte to that list!!!!

V.

19. _gonz_

_gonz_ Full Member

Well, i would'nt leave Sandt38 off the list either B)