I want the best possible sub/subs

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by des343, Feb 19, 2011.

1. des343

des343 Full Member

for around 300 or so dollars to pair with JBL 14001 1500 watts rms at 2 ohms please help...price is everything but quality needs to be there...

2. connerray2010

connerray2010 Full Member

12/15" fi btl, i watched on youtube smd hooked one up to a wall socket and it didnt even get hot. i wana say he even hooked it to a 220 outlet. BAMF if you ask me, but smd moved to the AA smd series.

3. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

its all about the box.....not the sub. Any quality driver will perform well, if its in the right box.......period.

4. des343

des343 Full Member

okay but i am not good with subs and boxes yet it involves so much technical details but i dont understand them :( lol

5. 6.5ldiesel

6.5ldiesel Full Member

Agreed

You can even make an MTX subwoofer sound good in the right enclosure!

6. des343

des343 Full Member

This comment i dont like ive heard some awesome sounding MTX subs tbh. But your opinion is respected i just think MTX is solid

7. tommy2tone

tommy2tone Full Member

8. des343

des343 Full Member

yeah but if i am getting only one sub i think i would like one more powerful one or 2 about these same specs.

what do you think about this?

http://kalamazoo.craigslist.org/ele/2146808198.html i got them lowered to 200 for it...that are JLw0 15 inch

9. morespl

morespl Full Member

What size I have a sundown night shade 15 v2 upgraded or a dd 9900 18 for sale pm me we might be able to work something out.

10. Vinnyrsxs

Vinnyrsxs Full Member

you got pm

11. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

so you have 300 for a sub, what about its enclosure?

or is that for both sub and enclosure?

that leaves you with about 150 to 200 for a sub.

12. des343

des343 Full Member

well if i can get the right deal ill do without an enclosure and just make one myself..if have to. not an expert but i can do it.

but both would be awesome i just dont know im confused i have came across a few deals and they all include enclosures im just not sure about any of them :/

13. Vinnyrsxs

Vinnyrsxs Full Member

American bass is the best bang for your buck.

14. des343

des343 Full Member

is it i have never seen or heard of them really even

15. Vinnyrsxs

Vinnyrsxs Full Member

thats because they aren't supposed to be sold online. They are very good. my friend trace has 2 xfl 15s in his truck and is currently at 157.6 dbs at the dash.

16. caraudioking

caraudioking Full Member

if your wanting bang for your buck there are a lot of option's! ive been installing and using audio as my hobby ive collected alot of woofers through out the years and something that impresses me a lot over and over is power acoustik mofo's! now keep in mind ive owned alot of name drops including and not limited to re audio, fi, jl, fosgate, kicker, dd and soo much more! however the pa mofo's are an amazing woofer for the cash! now they r not a good sealed box woofer and most poeple put them in high tuned ported enclosures. through years of experiance i have seen them in many enclosures but i like them in a ported 2.5-3 cubic foot enclosure tuned to 32-34 hz! they sound good and get loud and real low! im running one 12 in a 3.5 cube ported enclosure tuned to 32 hz. im running a autotek 2000.1 mean machine{ pre maxxsonics}! this amp is pure power and the sub takes it without issues not so much as a hick up! now, ive put as much as 6000 rms to a mofo 15 for burps not something u would want to do normaly but ill tell u something it was absolutely amazing! i did several test runs and every one of them was incredible, my numbers were 156.1, 158,3 and in outlaw 161.7! all legal numbers! my point is if u want bang for your buck off of 1500 rms this is a great contender at only 117 shipped on ebay which leaves u with a sufficient amount to spend on a enclosure! now this is not my favorite woofer by any means as i have an unlimited amount of woofers at hand but for your situation i highly recomend it! good luck bud

17. des343

des343 Full Member

thank you have you had any experience with SPL audio?

18. caraudioking

caraudioking Full Member

yes i have, spl audio is a branch of power acoustik! however they arent near as good as power acoustik!