I need some MDF rings.. someone make me some please

Discussion in 'Subwoofer Box and Custom Fabrication' started by DaveDSMer, Feb 25, 2007.

1. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

Ok so today we got another car cause my girlfriend needed a new car to drive. Found an old lady car.. 1989 Dodge Spirit baby.. lol. Anyways, it has a headunit.. but they didnt actually mount it.. its just sitting in the bay. But thats another story. I need some MDF rings to mount the speakers in the front and rear doors. They put some 5.25" alpine type S speakers in both locations which is fine.. but they are just sitting in the holes.. nothing securing them. The factory baffles are a tad too large to fit these speakers so I need someone to make me some custom rings to mount them.

Maybe like 1/4" MDF.. that should be thick enough? I will be able to get some dimentions of exactly what i need maybe tomorrow if anyone is up to cutting me 4 rings and shipping them to me. I would pay for it of course. I just don't have any woodworking tools here.

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

have you asked a local stereo shop?maybe an installer has some made up.would probly be cheaper than paying for shipping and wood and what not.

unless these guys have scrap laying around and dont mind.i'm willing to bet someone here will.lol.

3. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

i guess i could call around tomorrow if need be.

4. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

Dave, just go to the local harware store/lumber yard, pick up a jigsaw, an el cheapo ( or a good one that will last you for many years. the better choice), and a small peice of 1/4 inch masonite and make them yourself!!!

If I had some extra 1/4 inch stock lying around i would make them for you for nothing, but i dont have any!!! Sorry.....

5. Willy D

Willy D Full Member

Dave....

Could you make some paper or cardboard templates??

If you could mail me those, I would make em for ya....No charge except shipping....I think I have some stuff laying around to make them...

PM me...

Willy

6. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

im sure i could manage that..