i have 2 new upgrades.

Discussion in 'Automotive Electrical' started by pedro quiroga, Nov 22, 2009.

1. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

so like it says. i have 2 new 54LB upgrades ima put in tomorrow.

im racking my brain on where to put these guys. i have no room in back with the way my box is laying. i could move it but i would loose some deep bass output. my port is right under the back window and just turned it into a low bass monster, well as "monster" as 4 8's can be.

anyways i think i have room just behind the rear seat in between my nine.5 and the subs, but that puts them on top of my 2 M50's and they might get a lil hotter.

i have some things to figure out tonight.

i'll have some pics up tomorrow.

2. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

what are they?

3. pedro quiroga

2 batteries.

4. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

woah. now u need bigger amps and subs haha

5. Lazy Eye

Lazy Eye Full Member

man that is really what I need

6. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

both of them?? you would probably be good with just one

7. pedro quiroga

yeah i know, but i got em, might as well use em.

its kinda a secret on Floridaspl. so dont post anything there about these.

im going to a show on dec 6th and may have something new in store for the show. maybe, gotta see how things work out.

i'll post pics tomorrow. they are ugly as fawk, just so you guys know,lol. they dont have their tops so i have to mount them upright for fear of them leaking gel.they have gorilla tape on them, plus i taped off the 16v post.

they've been sitting for 2 months and still were sitting at 12.8 and 15.6. wow. they just need to be topped off a lil.

i want to get a solar panel and hook it up to them to trickle charge them at work or where ever. i cam mount it on the box and the sun will still shine on it thru the rear window. or i can mount it to the roof and lengthen the cables going to the batts.

im hoping to get a bigger alt one day to help out and some 0awg wire. if i do that i need to re do the whole back of the truck. it was ok out but i was still sweating and i had to rewire the whole setup again! all the PG amps are lined up together on the floor at the hatch.

the box sits on them, but i have fans too. so they should stay cool. the batts are sitting in the spot where the M50's sat. they fit just right in there. i still need to secure them to the floor but for now they arent going anywhere.

if you look at my avitar they sit where the fans and amps are. just so you have an idea.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  8. pedro quiroga

ok so the new stuff didnt pan out. no money :( bills. anyways i got to rearranging things again. i have one batt in back and some batt terminals on the way to maybe put the other batt up front.

now i have to get rid of my duralast gold batt..... i cant return it either cause they wont do that. i asked if i could upgrade and i was basically told no. so the other is deff a no go unless its bad and warrants a return.

so i ordered some terminals from a guy for 6bucks. generic gm adaptors for batts with female threaded openings like those found on my batts.

9. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

i got my battery terminals for my rear batt in wal mart, right next to the batteries. they wer elike $3 a piece

10. pedro quiroga

these are for kinetik batts. L brackets to add side posts.

11. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

where are the pics pedro?

12. pedro quiroga

im too lazy. i took some but didnt like the way it turned out, so i re did it and just havent got around to take more.

im down to one in back now and i positioned my box upright again. it was to too boomy with the port at the rear window. i'll take some tonight and post em.

i'm at work and have no way to postem up here now.

BTW. how've you been? good to hear from ya, oh and im going to another show at the KOB shop( were you went last time) its gonna be huge!

13. pedro quiroga

ok so like i promised. the pics. now remember these arent pretty by any means but do work well and hold their charge.

i took one out and its been sitting at 12.9 still. ima charge it with a lil jump started thingy i got. goint to open it up and have it trickle it for a lil while.

since it has a charge meter it will not over charge it. it too has an agm batt so it will work im sure. its been sitting for 3 months and still holds at 12.8 12.9v.

Attached Files:

14. pedro quiroga

ok so since i put it on the charger its showing its at med charge. everything is nice and cool to the touch. so all is good so far. sitting at 13.1v

15. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

I've been doing pretty good. I've been constantly sick though. I'm not used to doing all the traveling that i'm doing now... every weekend this month i'll be traveling including the day after xmas. Ran into some problems too with my wifey's accord so now i have to dump it.. I'm looking at a infinity I30 2001 model that i can get really cheap.. i think i'm just gonna bite the bullet and sell her car for peanuts.. :(

I'm still working on selling my car.. even though it's in the flawless state with ony 40k miles on her, nobody wants it... good thing the car that i want hasn't been sold yet either.

Pedro, get a lot of vids and pics at that show.. Man, do i miss my set up... all my gear is just sitting in the house collecting dust.

16. pedro quiroga

ima try and get as many as i can. might rain like a mother on sunday, not sure if it will or not. its been raining since thursday night here, so maybe it will pass.

17. pedro quiroga