I Came Here For...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by FocalEnthusiast, Dec 15, 2003.

1. FocalEnthusiast

FocalEnthusiast Full Member

I decided to come over here after being reccomended to by Chris (GeoLemon).

I came for a more mature atmosphere, less competitive environment, and most importantly to better this car audio community, and hopefully many more.

I look forward to many hours spent here talking with you all, help with my next system, and helping those in need.

:love:

:love:

2. Guest

Guest Guest

werd up man. im fairly new here too and so far this has seemed to be one of the most enjoyable forums ive been on. welcome to the club man, and enjoy.

3. hoss

hoss Full Member

:stupid:

that was me. didnt realize i wasnt logged in.

4. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Welcome! :gunsmilie:

Everyone... Justin is a local guy here, lives right by me...
    Fellow skateboarder, skiier, and possibly snowboarder (we'll see this winter).
    And car audio enthusiast, of course.

I'm glad to say that we've had a nice growth in membership and traffic, nice to see the upswing continuing.

Seems like everyone is looking for the same thing you are, btw... getting away from the "lemming" mentalities (and aggression), immaturity, OT-hijacking of threads, etc. Had a few guys running away from SI.N, etc... I know you were telling me SoundDomain has about the same mentality...
    To quote Sir Robin the Brave (of Holy Grail fame) "Run away! Run away!" :

I'm glad that people are considering CAT to be a refuge.. no doubt we'll all keep it that way.
    I suppose that's flattering that people are considering US the 'sane ones'... :lol:

Also, if our old regulars haven't noticed the shift in our diversity, that's another very cool thing happening lately...
    It used to be that many of us were Adire fans, with a couple Ed guys here, couple JL fans... and now, we've got three guys who are Stereo Integrity guys as relatively new, active members (including the big boss man himself!). Nice to see Dan Wiggins continuing to drop by... Hopefully quite soon we'll be able to throw Better Audio products into the mix as well!

I'm honestly not sure what Justin is running right now in his car..
    I know he's got a Focal 3-way set that he took out, planning a new install for them... and he put in a Focal 2-way set that he wasn't so hot on the tweet... I'm thinking PK? At any rate, more diversity to the mix.

Welcome!

I should post the "status report" elsewhere... :lol:

5. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

^^ What he said... Welcome aboard, and I second the growth thing.

6. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

Welcome. Always good to see a new face, and hear different oppinions/takes on things.

I suppose the biggest difference between this board and others is the lack of "newbie" questions. It seems to be a refuge for those that have been around for a long time, and getting sick of the same questions. This is nice because the maturity is much better (myself excluded), and the questions/answers are much more intelligent.

Now I hope this doesn't discourage any question asking. After all, there are some very simple thing I don't know, and may have to ask. So you may see me asking simple questions about ported enclosures, or something else. So please don't not ask a question in fear that it is going to be too "newbyish" (I made up a word B) ). Just don't ask if two Funky Pups are going to be louder than a 13W7. <_<

7. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Geo, You know ebtter to group me INtheSANE group :p :p :p :p

8. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Oh, I'm not... pshaw! :lol:
    I'm just saying other people must be. B)

And Stephen... How about two 12" Kenwood Tornadoes vs. one 10" XXX? :p

9. ScottS

ScottS Full Member

lol focal sucks you use focal its junk you should have you ears ripped off. BTW have you checked out ed? its the greatest stuff known to man. Dont listen to GEO XBL is bull. You need to check out chi chi chi changes from elemental the new coil will out do this xbl and do what it could not.

sarcasim

Scott Stoner

10. FocalEnthusiast

Thanks to you all for the input. This should be enjoyable, just to say what I am currently running:

Clarion DRX9675z
    Ample 2125Ax
    Focal Polykevalr 165K2's

Waiting for the summer months:

Kenwood 969
    Kenwood Music Keg 910 20G
    Viper 1200.1
    Viper 500.4
    Focal 165w3
    sub?
    tweeters?

11. ScottS

ScottS Full Member

I love your equipt. The stuff you are running now your weak link is your amplifier. That ample amp isnt quite known for clean sound. However your focal drivers are some of the best on the car audio market. I also love you deck im glad you know how to work it :).

12. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

The Viper amps are actually headed to his house now.
    Killer deal too... used, but in good shape supposedly.

He's already got the 3-way Focal Utopias.. but one of the TN-51 tweets seems to have ruptured it's dome (odd, eh? :blink: ), so it's "repair or replace" time.
    Unfortunately no warranty is the deal, they were purchased unauthorized from a shop demo vehicle.

I believe the TN-51's were replaced by TN-52's, right?
    Regardless, apparently replacements are pretty damn expensive... about $150 just for a replacement pair.

Maybe someone around here has a Focal connection...

13. ScottS

ScottS Full Member

im an authorized dealer pm with what you need.

Also the new tn52's are alot smother. Personally i like the tn 47's best

14. FocalEnthusiast

I need a new Tn-51 (one works, one has the punctured dome), or a whole new set.

E-mail me at justdigity2@yahoo.com with some options, any help will be appreciated.

Justin

15. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

I want a viper 2400D :( Or the Tru Copper amps (I want the matching tube amp for my comps :yes: )

Nice new amps coming man. I am sure you will be pleased.

16. FocalEnthusiast

Those Tru's looks real nice, especially the Coppers, just haven't seen any in person, or heard. Anyone here have some?

BTW, I need to pick my permanet sub, this will probably lead to me buying lots of subs, and testing each till I'm happy, so here's the list (Amp is Viper 1200.1 (1200w @ 1 ohm, 800 @ 2):

Brahma 12"
    IDMax 12"
    Sadhara 12"????
    Hopefully a Better Audio prototype

hmm...

What else?

17. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

I've actually just gotten a call from someone who wanted to buy it from me...
    It's my last Destijl-built prototype though, maybe I shouldn't.
    History, after all. :p