HU help

Discussion in 'Car Audio Head Units' started by PORTnPOLISH97, Apr 4, 2006.

1. PORTnPOLISH97

PORTnPOLISH97 Full Member

I have a sony explode HU and When My sub hit the head unit says att on and gets quite. I dont know why it is doing it, I took the wire for the att and if i tap it it goes on and off. So I tried to tape it and it dont work still.

2. jibit

jibit Well-Known Member

what wire are you using from the head unit to turn on the amp? It sounds like you connected the antenna wire? The antenna wire will only have power to it when the radio is on. You need to find the remote lead. I'm not familiar with the head unit to tell you.

3. jibit

jibit Well-Known Member

don't you live close to me? if that's the case I could take a look at it for you?

4. clipser-gs-t

clipser-gs-t Full Member

The remote wire is blue on every h/u iv'e seen.

5. PORTnPOLISH97

PORTnPOLISH97 Full Member

I have the remote wire from the amp connected to the blue and white one from the HU. I found the ATT wire also. If I mess with it the HU switches between ATT on and off. I live in Ottawa Il

6. Streetz

Streetz Full Member

And it always will be blue.

You might want to double check your wiring, something's definatly not right. ATT isn't bad. It's basically mute, it's not a protection system or anything. My Pioneer HU I have a ATT button on the remote, I push it everything goes to volume 1, very nice feature when I'm about to pass a cop :D