holy hell guys im going crazy!

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by manutdfan7, Aug 31, 2009.

1. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

okay.....
    im putting my system in a couple of hours a go and i ran into a prob
    i have 2 15s and a 1200 sony explode amp..... and sh** duel headunit for the moment....i have everything hooked up....
    amp light is on music is playing out of my doors and 6/9s but no sound period out of the subs....
    the remote is good because my amp switchs off and on with the headunit...
    my ground and power are good because my amp is on, my rca's r good because i tryd 2 diff sets of them....and its not my amp because i switched out the amp for my other one that is exactly the same and its still not working the headunit is brand new....my speaker wires are in the right order ...... i also tryd running a mp3 player straight 2 the rca input on the amp still no go its a 5 g wire,power and ground, it should be getting enough power....im about 2 jump off a bridge help me out guys there has 2 be something simple im missing....

2. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

got the exact model of the amp? is there a master or slave switch?

3. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

4. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

how is everything wired up

5. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

any other amps in the system? if so, try plugging the rca's going to those amps to the sub amp.

or........this maybe a shot in the dark, but.....are the subs hooked up in the box?ive had one come loose once and it was a pain trying to figure it out. try another set of speakers from the speaker outs on the sub amp to make sure there is some kind of signal coming out of it.

6. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

what do you mean wired ?

7. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

how many sets of preouts do you have on your deck?

8. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

i have one set and i just returned my headunit and bought another one and its doing the same dam thing!

9. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

you have to find out what your subs are... are they 15" dual or single 4ohm coils? or dual or single 2ohm subs? I think you have them wired wrong and the impedance is too low for your amp. your amp can only handle a 4ohm load according to the link that you provided.

10. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

just follow this sub wiring diagram and hope you didn't fry your amp from wrong wiring..

Attached Files: