Help!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Automotive Electrical' started by RS89c10, Nov 24, 2009.

1. RS89c10

RS89c10 Full Member

i need some help determine alternator and battery. what would be good to power all this correctly if anyone can help me out. would i need more than one battery and i know a HO alternator but what would be "enough"? help, any other ideas any suggestions are welcome (i am gonna do the "big 3" as well)
    My ride:
    1984 chevy C10. 350c.u. engine.

This is my set up:
    (2) RE audio mx12
    (8) RF power T152 speakers
    (4) ES-06+ - CDT Audio GOLD 6.5" midrange
    (2) RF 1500-1bd
    (1) RF T600-2
    (1) RF T400-2

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

ok. at least 0 gauge going to your equipment. then at least 2 big ass batts or 4 smaller ones.

then if it holds up you may not need a high out put alt, unless your alt is very weak.

where will these batts go?

3. RS89c10

RS89c10 Full Member

my alt. is a 200 amp one so guess i dont need to change it. and for the 2 big batts. about what size? i was thinking these XSpower 12V S3400? and where to place them dont know yet-_-

4. pedro quiroga

3400's. those are pretty big right? 3400 watt rating?

in a truck i would mount them in the bed in a batt box bolted down so that they are secure and not easy to steal. run the wire under the truck along the frame into the bed then back under to the rear to feed your amps.

make sure to use thick ass grommets for that. and some wire loom to be safe.
    hell you can ground em right to the frame.

5. RS89c10

RS89c10 Full Member

6. RS89c10

RS89c10 Full Member

7. pedro quiroga

sorry since your new here post with links must be moderated 1st. lucky for you im a mod here,lol

8. pedro quiroga

it is there largest batt tho. so it is a big batt.

id love to get one of those bar adaptors too. to make a top post batt a 4 post batt. sweet. nice batts. 2 of those should hold up fine, along with your 200 amp alt, and you under hood batt.

9. RS89c10

RS89c10 Full Member

thanks for the help and sorry for all those posts. so i would have a totall of three batteries: would a total of two be ok (meaning one would be under the hood and the other in the back)

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  10. pedro quiroga

with that much power, id do 3, but if you had 2 3400's then it could work.

11. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

you should try getting one of the 3400s from xs and if you still have problems pushing the equipment, get the second

12. RS89c10

RS89c10 Full Member

13. pedro quiroga

those are bad ass batts there. i guess one can hold you. do you plan on competing,or doing a lot of ignition off playing? if so then deff get more than one batt in back.

if you dont jam on it with the engine off a lot then one of those in back should work fine and maybe a smaller one under the hood.

or are you choosing 2 for the total amount of batts you'll have? 1 in front and 1 in back?

14. RS89c10

RS89c10 Full Member

i am not making it to compete, i just want something loud and clean. But thats what i was thinking a totall of two batteries, 1 under the hood and the other in the back. so i thought those?are they too much?:unsure:

15. pedro quiroga

i think those two should be just fine.

16. RS89c10

RS89c10 Full Member

well i decided to get the three batts total, one in front and two in the back. My question is should i wire them up in series or parallel? what would be a best choice for my set up?

17. pedro quiroga

parallel!!!! series will net you more than 12 volts!