Help with rattling?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by um_assault, Aug 20, 2009.

1. um_assault

um_assault Full Member

I recently had a regular kenwood 10'' with a small old fashioned amp that peaked at only about 150w. I now have 2JBL 12''s in a customized box by my uncle who does this for a living, and i have upgraded my amp to a Power Acoustik OVN1 that pushes 600w rms @ 4 ohm. So anyways before i upgraded i only have one thing in the whole car that rattles, and only when the bass hits certain notes generally found in rap songs. its right behind the back seats' headrests. There are no speakers up there bc VW has them in the doors. But im not sure how i could go about fastening it tighter so it wont rattle and i dunno with dynomat can do that job or not. i just want to know what yall think i should do and whats best/cheapest method.

2. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

I really don't understand where you are getting the rattles... If you do some sound deadening (dynomat) or a cheaper solution would be peel n seal that you can get a lowe's that should do the trick. sound deadening makes a world of difference...

3. jlcaudio

jlcaudio New Member

here is a great place to go www.sounddestroyermat.com and there cheap and the items are awsome

4. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

you mean the rear parcel shelf? maybe some foam under it.

5. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

or get the eDead from elemental designs. $1 per foot and it works just fine! i used it on my car and a buddies car and we were both happy with it.

6. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

:DYour Uncle is now a math teacher who is currently working on lesson plans.:D

7. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

huh? u his uncle?

8. um_assault

um_assault Full Member

lol yes he is!!

9. um_assault

um_assault Full Member

i dont know the correct term to call it. rear parcell shelf sounds like it could be it. but looking at my pic right there. its that peice right about the subs. where the 3rd tail light is. that whole peice. ill try foam first i suppose.