help on custom box for civic

Discussion in 'Subwoofer Box and Custom Fabrication' started by ethix, May 24, 2006.

1. ethix

ethix New Member

whats up, well im greg and i couldnt find much on google for building a custom box and what all to use. I have a '97 civic and im planning on making a box to fit in flush and at an angle. I'm gonna put two 12's, these ones: http://www.kenwoodusa.com/products/ListProduct.aspx?k1=2&k2=43&k3=157&pr=2345 most likely, with a kenwood amp also, but the box is just for the subs. if anyone can give me some good plans that'd be good...ill try to post up an outline of the box so you guys get more of an understanding.

2. Hautewheeler

Hautewheeler Full Member

just list the dimensions that you have to work with, and the specs on the subs- we'll get something going..

3. ethix

ethix New Member

well i just need to know what kind of wood to get, where to find it..and what all im going to need to build it...i changed the subs, i bought the 1000w infinity reference sieries 12 inch subs, two of them...now i need to find an infinity amp...anybody know which one will work the best to power both of them?

4. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Wood...get 3/4 or thicker MDF. You can get this wood at any hardware store like lowes, home depot, etc.

You don't need the same brand amp to power the subs like kenwood amp with kenwood subs. An amp is an amp. Infinity amps are pretty expensive.

What is your budget? Kenwood has some good affordable amps that I like. The 9102D or the 9152D will work fine.

5. ramos

ramos Full Member

Your gonna need

1.a sheet of 3/4" mdf
    2. a saw be it circular and a straight edge or a table saw
    3. Wood glue
    4. Some clamps would be very helpful. More would be even better
    5. Some screws and a drill, or a brad nailer and compressor
    6. Some patience and beer if your old enough to drink it :)

6. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Thanks for adding the other stuff that i forgot ramos...i was in a hurry before work...lol