Help! Factory HU!

Discussion in 'Car Audio Head Units' started by anderson, Jan 17, 2011.

1. anderson

anderson New Member

Okay bare with me here..

I have a 2010 Nissan Altima, it came factory settings, no radio. The wires for the speakers are prewired but there are only speakers in the front.

I purchased an aftermarket deck and got 4 new speakers. So that now I have 6 speakers. I also purchased an alpine type R. So my thought what that I would run 2 amps. One for the sub, one for the speakers.

BUT

I love the look of the Nissan factory stereo and like that it looks a lot cleaner.

Screen shot 2011-01-17 at 7.26.06 PM.jpg

I found this picture of the stereo on ebay for like 100 bucks. I want to put that in and take out my frame which just has a double din opening for a deck.

The problem is that I still need to run two amps. Now from what I have read I need hi-lo converters to do this (for the RCA outputs)

So I need 2 sets of RCA's (front and rear) for the 4ch Amp, then one set of RCA's for the sub. Making it a total of 3 sets of RCA cables.

So my question is, is that if I buy 3 of these hi-lo converters, will it work?

Screen shot 2011-01-17 at 7.29.01 PM.jpg

So this is where I used some of my own audio knowledge. If you look at the diagram above, it shows a left and a right speaker wire to connect on the left side of the diagram. But I was thinking that I could make it so that so that one of the hi lo converters would do rear, one would do front and the other would do the sub.

This is a picture of the hi-lo converter from the diagram above..
    Screen shot 2011-01-17 at 8.10.40 PM.jpg

Will this do the job? Are there other types of converters that will work better in my situation?

Please give me your feedback and let me know if you think this crazy plan would work!

Thanks!

2. connerray2010

connerray2010 Full Member

not sure about the convert part but most amps have a "line in and line out" so instead of three converters and 3 rca cables you will only need 1 converter and 3 rcas. i believe viking told me this so all credit to him. sorry. miss read. you only need 2 rcas for 2 amps and still only one converter thing

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  3. anderson

anderson New Member

Isnt it 3. Because 4channel amps have 2 inputs, front and rear. Then the sub has 1. = 3

4. connerray2010

WAIT.. are you wanting to run TWO decks? if so im not sure about any of you ??'s

5. 6.5ldiesel

6.5ldiesel Full Member

Have one RCA coming from your hi-lo converter that goes into amp 1, then use the RCA output of that amp to go into your second amp, less wiring and more simple with the same effect.

6. connerray2010

well i have a four channel amp it it only has line in and line out. plug your rcas into the "line in" and your all set. and if it does have the line out wich im sure it does then you just connect your other rcas from there to the line in on the next amp. and so on and so on.

7. connerray2010

Yea, like he said lol.

8. morespl

morespl Full Member

If i did what your doing

I would run a line driver after the converter to clean the signal up and get the rca voltage up then depending the amps output and imput rcas you might need y splitters depending the amps theres alot o variables.