Hello from Austin Texas

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Blue Missile™, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Blue Missile™

Blue Missile™ New Member

I have joined being directed here from FABO and this looks like it will be just as good a resource as FABO is, for all of my electronic projects.
    For those of you who do not know me, I am building a 1973 Pro-Touring Plymouth Duster called the "Blue Missile"™
    The electronics for this project will be intense, and will cover the gambit from switch and control to a Nav system and an integrated stand alone computer system.
    I have already built a horn loaded, folded , sub-woofer enclosure that is the rear console between the rear buckets.
    I will also have to integrate the steering wheel mounted controls on the Mazda RX8's steering wheel That I have transplanted into the car.
    There is alot of work to be done and I hope yall can help and be part of the build.
    For those who have not read the true story of the original "Blue Missile"™it's what most have called "Fast times at Ridgemont High" meets "Deliverance"
    which you can find here:
    http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=48363
    Hope you enjoy and its good to be here.
    Andrew

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  2. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

Welcome to CAT Andrew. Interestingly, I too have an ol A body sittin out in the woods, a 78 Aspen 2 door coupe. Retired it about 7 years ago due to the front sub frame getting ready to fall away from the uni-body thanks to some unseen cancer. And Deliverance...anyone who hasnt seen it needs too, might make them think twice about comin round my neck of the woods!!!! Thats a joke guys! Anyways, welcome to the site!

3. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Hey Viking, the Aspen/ Volare is an F body. It differs from the A body in a couple of ways. The most notable is the translateral torsion bar set up. In other words, the torsion bars ran side to side, which is unlike any other mopar.

http://www.allpar.com/model/rwdbodies.html

I'm a serious mopar nut

By the way, welcome to CAT

4. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

Really? Guess i need to brush up on things! I knew the aspen series was a replacement for the A bodies, but didnt realize the desiganation of the body style changed.

I too am a mopar man, so its great to be in company with like minded folks!