Head Unit help

Discussion in 'Car Audio Head Units' started by thebaron929, Dec 28, 2006.

1. thebaron929

thebaron929 New Member

Hello all, i'm 19 yrs old, a former Crutchfield Employee, and a Car Audio Enthusiast. My entire system is Rockford Fosgate EXCEPT my Head Unit. Right now i've got;

4" Dash Speakers, 6.5" 3-Way Door Speakers, 6.5" Component Rear Speakers. I've got 2 older 200 Watt 2 Way amplifiers (one powering door speakers, one powering component system), as well as a newer 250 Watt 2 way Amp powering my 12" Stage 2 Punch. As i said this is all Rockford Fosgate except for my head Unit a Panasonic 5110U. It's a decent head unit but since the day i bought it the cd player hasn't been working properly not to mention it's chrome face doesn't match the black dash of my 98 Jetta.

Here comes the question; i'm bidding on a Rockford Fosgate RFX 8102 Head Unit, it's black (it matches), and it's Rockford Fosgate (so i'm happy). However i'm 24 hours away from winning this head unit and it comes to my attention that there are no RCA outputs for a Subwoofer. I was wondering how i would go about connecting the Subwoofer to the headunit. Are there any special adapters i'd need?

All help is much appreciated. Thank You.

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

didnt ac delco make that radio for rockford?why not get a y splitter and split the signal going to the rear channel amp and use that for the subs input.or if the amps have a pass thru use that.

3. thebaron929

thebaron929 New Member

thanks man, i was thinking about the y-splitter but didn't know if they had one.

my sub's amp does have a pass-thru so i could go that route aswell

thanks for the feedback

4. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

no prob........