Having polarity issue

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Speakers' started by DAVE, Dec 26, 2011.

1. DAVE

DAVE Guest

Need help from experts out there... i always feel my component speaker sounds abit muddy most of the time even though i followed exactly the color combination from amplifier using directional cable + to + and – to -... im using CDT Audio hd-62 US component speaker which comes with image enhancement tweeter. Recently i bought a polarity tester with a “pop” cd tester. To my surprise the pop sound showing negative polarity at my tester to all my speakers.. even my subwoofers showing negative polarity.... when i tested using 9 v battery the speaker is pushing outwards... i’m very much confuse indeed.. should a speaker push inwards or outwards ? at ehow.com says the speaker should push inwards.. others says outwards... if pushing inwards it shows positive polarity..

2. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Using a battery the speaker will push out.

Many crossovers will invert the speaker phase. Thats fine, because 180-degrees out of phase is not the same as reverse polarity. Your polarity is fine. But if you wanna check it, reverse the speaker wires at the amp and listen to it.

If your going to test your system please use The Sheffield / A2TB Test Disc - "My Disc". Its the standard for evaluating any system.