had another show!!

Discussion in 'Pictures and funny Stuff.' started by pedro quiroga, May 2, 2009.

1. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

ok so i went to yet another show:cool:

only had iasca so i bass boxed. did a 137.4 with the door open. 30 sec average. got 2nd place.

didnt take too many pics at all. was hangin with my friends most of the day.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

thats about it,sorry. next show is in 2 1/2 weeks

2. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

nice!!!!!! yeah, next show is on the 17th. I'm sooooooooo there!!!!

3. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

really? you gonna be in FL for that one?

4. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

yup... I'll be there on the 16th til the 26th. So pedro gave me the address of the next comp. Are you going?

5. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

i was thinking about it... not really sure, i ran into pedro the other week when i was in tampa for hot import nights

6. pedro quiroga

got the local SQ guru to tune my truck. sounds frickin awesome.

the vocals and mid bass really shine now. oh and the sub bass is still powerful.

7. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

thats cool as hell man. what'd he do??

8. pedro quiroga

he tuned it by ear. played a tuning disk and about 30 mins later was done.

when you look at the EQ he just barely moved the settings. he said my eq is very sensitive. for only having 7 bands it aint bad.

i dont know why but it just sounds louder now than before. i mean on 33 its just as loud as it was on 43. hell he even turned the main volume down on the eq to half way. ( its the kind with a main volume knob, but i use the heads vol instead. the gear shifter gets in the way of adjusting it by the EQ.)

hopefully you'll see what i mean.

9. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

hopefully i'll be able to hear it if i come up to tampa again! i've been thinking about getting a eq...just havent got around to it yet

10. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

yeah Pedro, i had an SQ tune mine for about 15 min and i was shocked... He was even drunk at the time. I still have to swing by his shop so he can tune it. Maybe in June when i get back. My 7 band Eq is all below the zero line now and it's almost flat but it sounds awesome!!! He texted me the following day and told me to drop by his shop and he'll do it for free. Put the mics in the car with an o-scope. He's also a EMMA and Iasca judge, his cars ALWAYS win SQ comps here in the Philippines...

Kvo, go to the comp man so we can all meet up!

11. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

haha that sounds fun and tempting...hmmm i'll think about it