Gun Control lets get fired up here

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by The_Ancient, Mar 8, 2002.

1. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

This is my first contrversal post

are you for it are against it

I am 100000000000000% against ANY and ALL forms of gun control

Including ALL laws already in effect

2. MANelson85

MANelson85 Full Member

could this be because of the recent ghettoboy poll at CAF??:D

3. striker754

striker754 Guest

Where is the I don't really fucking care option?

Won't affect me, and never will.

4. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

it affects EVERYONE

if the goverment is allowed the change on part of the constituion it will be VERY VERY easy for them to change more after the precident is set

5. striker754

striker754 Guest

They are not going to change the 2nd ammendment, it will not pass.

6. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

I am a gun owner and a hunter. My wepons include 2 .22 cal pop guns, a Colt MK IV .45 semi auto, a .357 Colt Pyton, a .44 Magnum Colt Anaconda, a 30/30 Remington Bolt action, and my prize peace, my grandfathers 16 Ga Ithica Deerslayer 5 shot Slide action. However I am a proponent of some forms of gun controll. Our constitution was written with the availability to change with the times. Unfortunately, it has been trampled by people looking for a way out or a free ride. However, I question the need for some forms of weaponry. Why in the hell do I need a Benelli 12 shot riot shotgun? Why do I need a fully automatic AK-47? Who are the people carrying the Uzis? Weaponry has evolved tremendously since the constitution was written, so I feel the constitution needs to keep up with the times. Unfortunately, our nation has developed a lack of respect for the power of guns. We have shown that we care little for human life. We have never been shown how to care for, and respect a gun. Nor have we been taught the finality of the projectile fired either accidentaly, or intentionaly. Sure, some of us have, but we are few and far between.

This has lead to a nation of thugs walking around with fully automatic weapons thinking it is cool to shoot someone. This ruins the victims life, his familys life, the shooters life and the shooters families life. In my day, pussys carried guns. Men fought with their fists, knives, chains, and bats. Close combat is more a show of a man than someone driving by and pulling a trigger from 20 feet away. What kind of man is that? I have been stabbed 2x had numerous broken ribs, knuckles, arms, and noses. I've been kicked, batted, and hit with rolled quarters. I was young, but I am alive today.

Unfortunately our society has created a need for some form of gun controll. If you disagree, think of the day your 4 year old neice is walking down the street and is mowed down by some punk with an Uzi in front of her mother. If it had been a shotgun or some other single shot, she probobly would never have been hit. I remember this too well. society killed my neice, don't let it kill yours.

7. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

no I do dissagree with that

If I want to have a Fully auto AK Iw ant to be allowed to have one, They are fun to shoot (yes I have shoot one)

we need a JUSTICE system that make criminals scared to commit crimes,

not punish innocent people for something they "might" do

I feel sory for all the Kids that car killed by guns, but that need to fall on the inaduacy of the justice system

you can read all of my comment over at CAF for more on this

But people need to be held acountable for their crimes, the "ilegal" guns are still found on the streets in large volumes, area where handguns have been outlawed there are still just as many armed roobberys and just as many car jackings

England where all guns our outtlawed Gun Related crimes WENT UP not down

the Fact is gun control does not work

"Expecting a carjacker or rapist or drug pusher to care that his possession or use of a gun is unlawful is like expecting a terrorist to care that his car bomb is taking up two parking spaces."
    -Joseph T. Chew

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
    -Robert A. Heinlein

Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense?"
    -Patrick Henry

8. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Unfortunately our society takes guns lightly, and you seem to be doing the same michael. A gun is not a toy, it is not meant to be fun. It is an instrument that is designed to kill. Unfortunately, as with everything else, someone decided to try to make money off of others naivity and made a leathal weapon fun. Now guns are accepted as fun. This is very disturbing. I use my guns for hunting and self defence. If you are in my house and see my gun, you will never see anything again. I will use it as it was meant to be used, and you will be dead. I don't take my guns out for show and tell. I clean all my guns every time they are used, or every 3 months. And they are never out other than for cleaning in my house (so far I have not had to use one in my home thank god).

The only people who have seen my guns are my family (at 4 years old my youngest son is being taught about guns) and my hunting buddies.

A gun is not supposed to be fun. It is a tool. It was created to put food on the table, and it has evolved to become a defence mechanism, and now a toy. That is a rather frightening evolution, don't you think.

9. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

so hunting is not fun?????????????????????/

Guns are fun to shoot, if you did not like shooting guns you would not hunt

I dont take gun saftey lightly, I spent most of my yound teen years on shooting ranges shooting all differant types of guns, I know all about gun saftey

I know they are deadly weapons and I respect the power of a gun, but you can not be scared of the power either, if you are scared of the gun you should not own a gun

and I have all my guns in my gun safes not in open veiw,

you seem all to erger to give you your freedom and that is distribing to me

10. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

1. Lets make it more difficult for them to get those weapons then, eh?

2. is polite mowing down innocent children with unnessicary fully automatic weapons?

3. In one way, yes. We have forgotten to teach our children how, and why to use a firearm. It is our own fault. It's our own fault that we can't trust people to use them for defence. They are, in over 95% of cases involving firearm deaths, used as offensive weapons.

11. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

the sport of hunting is fun, yes. I love to sit in the woods. The kill is secondary, however it provides food and helps to maintain natures balance.

If you are not scared of the power of a gun,, how can you respect it?

I'm not eager to give up my freedoms. I am, however eager to make it more difficult to put fully automatic guns in the hands of criminals. I don't want to loose my son like I lost my neice. There is NO and I repeat, NO need for automatic weapons to be in the hands of the general population. It is a military weapon, keep it that way. Why do I need a 12 shot riot semi auto shotgun? If I can't pin the deer in 1 shot it's gone anyways. There is no need for weapons like this. These are Police and military type weapons and should stay that way.

12. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

1> What about England were all gun control did was prevent the innocent from defending themslves???? Gun Related Crime WENT UP when they outlawed ALL GUNS

2> That falls back on the inablity to Punish crimals or the lack of parenting, why should law abiding gun owners be punished???

3> The we need to start teaching childeren, My dad tought me

I say again GUN CONTRIL DOES NOT WORK

Crack is illiegal but it is still on the streets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Well now come out my veiws on the Goverment and the fact the I COMPLETE distrust the goverment in ALL ways,

you let me take one freedom and once that start it will never end, until we have none left

and then we will be in a militry controolled state

NOT GOOD

14. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

I said rid the streets of unnessicary weapons. A simple pistol of hunting rifle is completely different than an Uzi.

yes it does fall back on a lack of parenting. Now it's time to take controll of an out of controll situation.

If you completely distrust our government, go to another country. Sure there are many things that I find disturbing in our government. But realise this: we live in the greatest country in the world. Where else are people given the rights that we, as Americans have? We have those rights because of our government. You are able to post comments like these because of our government. In many countries, you would be in jail or dead by now. Remember that you were able to start a buisness of your own because of our government. Don't sell our great nation short Micheal. I am proud to be an American.

15. toid

toid Full Member

If I may be allowed to agree and disagree here.
    sandt38, While I agree with your last comment about guns and fun...etc...( I enjoy developing and practicing my skill...I will NEVER allow myself to consider using a weapon of death "fun" ...whether in practice or in a practical application)
    I am nearly abhorred at your comment relating combat of any type to "manhood". I am of the opinion that what makes a "man" is exercizing the God-given ability to make the world a better place for one or all...to make a positive impact...and take on the role of provider and protector. I am also trained is several close combat forms...but I do my best to remember the distinction that necessity poses. A "man" isn't a man because he can beat your ass (I dunno how cussin' works here...same as the other one?). A "man" shouldn't resort to violence out of petty emotions. Pride, anger, hatred, fear, these are paths to the dark side...as Master Yoda said. Seriously, A "man" is driven by a sense of honor that is richeously derived and always considered. If there is a need for force, use it. But shit-talking little punks don't justify a need. Someone calling you a vagina (pussy) doesn't either. When we react to these baser instincts we are decidedly LESS than "Men".
    Rights?!? Rights are for rational men of honor and to further the prosperity of society. If such a time where the irrational deviants begin to take control or our prosperity, our society, and our future...If they begin a campaing of terror and deviant control and they build their chaos machine from the rights that I, Myself, have shed blood and prayed away tears of fear and regret for... Then I say take WHATEVER steps necessary (as a society...not individuals) to secure that very prosperity and future so my children can appreciate what I fought and killed for. Rights?!? What do My daughters know of rights if they're scared to leave the house because these deviants are out exercizing their "rights"?
    Maybe I'm of a differing opinion, but I feel strongly. Mine is a viewpoint based on love, and concern.

16. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Being proud to be an american abd trusting the goverment is totally differant

our current goverment is more corrupt and 90% of the poltians dont care about you and me they care about how much money they can get out of a vote going eother way on a bill THAT IS ALL

The root of the Problems is what need to be fixed

GUN CONTROL WILL NOT SOLVE ANYTHING EVER

THE GUNBS WILL STILL BE IN THE HANDS OF THE CRIMINALS

ONLY I WILL NOT HAVE THE CHACE TO DEFEND MY SELF AGAINST THEM

If I thought it would end at just the asslut type rifles I might be able to accept that but history and other nations have proven that once they start taking guns they dont stop until they are ALLL gone

17. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

you
    can cuss on my forums

butn I dont think I am explaining my self right, I like the Shoot guns, I like to go to a controlled gun range and shoot the tarkets up, now would I enjoy killing someone NO not at all but if it came to me or someone I loved dieing or me killing someone guess what I would do???

18. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

yes but read it all." In my day" and" I was young then". I do not fight anymore. I haven't raised my fists in almost 10 years. You are correct, manhood should be judged on family. I take pride in my family. I do my best by them and am proud of what they are making of themselves. I would stand in front of any of my family and take the bullet to save their lives. they are my concern. They are why I straightened up my life. I went to prison for a time and have been through several rehabs. The first time I saw my son on the ultrasound, everything stopped. I rarely get drunk, in fact I rarely drink at all. I have been drug free for over 7 years now. My feeling of worth lies in my family, I'm sorry you misunderstood. My manhood rests comfortably in the hearts of my family.

19. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

AK-47 are fairly recoiless, as I've shot them myself. So are M-16s. Both small bore rifles in a large package. Have you ever fired an Uzi? They show the gangbangers in these movies maintaining complete controll. This is BS. the recoil allows only short bursts to maintain any controll (which still remains little). Why is this nessicary? A tiny, high powered, automatic weapon that can easily be hidden?

What if you flip Mike? What if you get pissed off and go out on a rampage? That AK will do some damage. Far more than any of my weapons will. The automatic weapon is not for everyday use. It is for murder of man. It was designed that way, it is used that way. It has no other realistic use.

Frankly, your lack of fear of the power that all weapons possess, especialy the power of automatic weapons is quite disturbing.

20. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Are we still the greatest country in the world? TThen our government is doing something right. What other nations have tried to outlaw certain types of guns? It has always been all or nothing to my knowledge. Do you feel you need an Uzi to defend against criminals? And see, your refusal to give up assault type weapons is what disturbs me. You behave as if it were a toy to have fun with. That is frightening. Yes, guns will still be in the hands of criminals, but as I said before, let's make it harder and more expensive for them, and impose harsher penalties for possessing them.