Gonna Go To Another Show This Sunday

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by pedro quiroga, Feb 21, 2008.

1. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

yup gonna hit up another show in my area.

im going to rewire the solo 10 for more power.going to bridge my M50's to each coil. should be 490 watts total.may even add a fan or 2 back in.

the show is sunday.this time i'll try to post a vid of my run.or get someone to rec it.

2. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Bring back more trophies !

3. pedro quiroga

lol imma try.

ive got a little cash so i may enter more than one class.as long as i dont have to go up against the power wheels.lol

4. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

oh, you have to pay to compete? how much is it?

5. pedro quiroga

25 per or 40 for two or 70 for 4

thats bass boxing,bass race and i dont remember the others

6. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

k, can you win money or just a trophy.

7. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

who needs money or a trophy when you know you did a good job and are proud?!?! **** that gimme cash and a big shiny piece of metal son!

8. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

For $70.00 i can just go buy myself a nice trophy lol.

9. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I wish there were more shows and competitions around my area.

10. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

i've heard of a few in my area but i never check really. guess i will once i get a ballin system goin

11. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Not a chance here... they are more for the look here. Most of the systems here are set for SQ, and their bass in these set ups suck. I don't see how somebody can spend thousands on a set up and not have any BOOM!

fuking focal speakers all over the place, JL audio or Rockford power series amps, JL subs or KIcker all in fiberglass enclosures but no BASS!! I can't understand it.

12. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Lol, some people like to hear the full music and not just boom boom all the time, with a powerfull system it's enough to give you a migrane headache. I'm going for sq but i'm sure i will have tons of boom just not overpowering the actual music.

13. pedro quiroga

i like both types of systems.SQ and SPL.

there is this one guy i know.he has this.......hes an SQ competitor.all jbl.sounds awsome.
    [​IMG]
    and he says he dosent understand the whole thing.he almost talks bad about the spl guys and the systems.yet he attends shows...?? he displays his truck.

i'm guessing he's trying to convert some new people. he's like the jahova's witness of car audio.lol

14. pedro quiroga

on a side note.

i've spoken to this guy at least 4 times and he never remembers me or my system that ive demoed to him twice. each time he goes into his speech about SQ vs SPL,and its the same speech ive heard from him before.it's like its rehesred

"it should sound like this"....."you dont need this many subs"........ect ect

15. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

You don't haha, one is all you need......SQ,SQ,SQ,SQ,SQ

16. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Does he have boom too?

17. pedro quiroga

he has 2 jbl 12's in a sealed box
    [​IMG]

18. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

I like SQ but with at least a little boom. the set ups i've heard here have next to no bass and they are using 2 12's, 3 10's, 2 15's. These guys are pushing on some cases more than 2000 watts rms but their subs don't even move. I do understand why people like SQ but I just don't get spending money on all that equipment and and settling for bass like that. I guess to each his own.

SPL used to be the way to go here but that was a long time ago (back in the 90's) now everyone is going for SQ. I have to admit though, their set ups are very nice and VERY expensive.

19. pedro quiroga

20. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member