fizzle

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by electrolytic, May 22, 2007.

1. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

My fizzle went fischizle. All i have hooked up now is my pioneer deck and the factory ford speakers and the other day i just started driving and the stereo was very low, music was playing then i heard this crunchy distorted sound coming from the back speakers then poof. No power to the deck or my alarm which are hooked to the same power line. I'm hoping it's a fuse but just wondering if something else is going on with this car. A lot of weird electrical things happening. So the other night i'm driving, with all the interior lights on, switch is still sticking and i did spray them.. and because the whole car is lit up i notice that flickering again, it's like a pulsing in the lights and it seems like when i first start the car and go i can see the headlights doing some real heavy flickering like power surges. Is there a way to test this over a period of say 5 minutes? I really don't trust this aftermarket alternator from the beginning. Also i don't need any more hidden problems, there will be too much at stake when my system is completed.
    I do have a DVM with all the settings.

Last edited: May 22, 2007
  2. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

We can take the stereo completely out of the situation because there is no power to any of it for 2 days now and i noticed the flickering again today through the interior lights.

3. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

sounds like u have shorts.... is that obvious?

4. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

shorts because of the flickering? I know something shorted to blow a fuse, hoping it's just a wire. What about the flickering, pulsing in the lights, is this normal?

5. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

I took out one of the factory speakers today because it was making a buzzing sound on certain notes and my deck still seems to be distorted when i turn it up since i blew that fuse. Anyways , i'll get it figured out, going to run power straight to the deck tommorow and see if it's that. But i had these Infinitys sitting around so i think i got a little carried away lol. They wouldn't fit the hole if i cut it because of the window right behind it so i decided to do this..I was thinking i could make a fiberglass box around it kind of? to give it some bass. Can i buy that fiberglass in a can and just start plastering? lol Oh ya, i cut the tweeters on the Infinitys, it was too much.

Attached Files:

6. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Attached Files:

7. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Attached Files:

8. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Attached Files:

9. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

If i sealed these speakers up completely with a fiberglass box that i'm going to try and make, would it be enough to get all the bass from these? Only the magnet is sticking in the hole now, i can seal it with silicon there. The box would only be an inch or two high, maybe 3 inches at the highest point but i would make sure it's airtight. I drew on the picture of what i was thinking.

Attached Files:

10. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

you won't get much bass from those anyways...midbass yes...bass no

11. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

ok, is it worth it to make fiberglass enclosures to seal them, maybe make it bigger and stick out more and face up a bit. I could make it sealed then just screw it to the door.

12. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

There.. Done lol

Attached Files:

13. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Attached Files:

14. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Attached Files:

15. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

For Now........................

Attached Files:

16. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

If i wanted to make a fiberglass back for these, should i use wire mesh first to get the shape and then just start fiberglassing the mesh? And how about a small port? lol, they sound pretty good right now, big difference but i don't like that people can see them when they walk by, and i think i can get some more out of them if i seal the back.

Attached Files:

17. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

also, how thick should the fiberglass be, sigh anyone? lol i need some ideas i'm jonesing

18. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

OK.....give me a bit of time.....

I wanna TRY and find some pics......................

Might find them if they are still on cd.........

will give you a good idea of waht too do...

19. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

sweet! Thanks, i know these speakers pump, have used them in other cars, and i kept the original ford tweeters, they are up in the door by the mirror.

20. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

While your doing that i'll round up some chicks for us