fi btl vs 2 fi bt?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by connerray2010, Jan 21, 2011.

1. connerray2010

connerray2010 Full Member

Any one bangin like SMD? Iv watch a lot of his vids with 4 18 fi btl's and got me wanting some. Talked to the girlfriend and she said I might be able to get me a couple 15" bt's or a 18" btl in a year or two (senc I'm geting a 3000 audio pipe and just got my 2nd l5 I have to wait a wile lol). What you think slam harder 1 18 or two 15's? I'm just curious thanks.

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

there a re a lot of variables. box size, vehicle its going in.

so your getting the audiopipe 3k to power yur L5's? isn't that WAY too much power for those?

do the 1500 watt audiopipe, and be done with it. trust me it will be loud too.

the 3k needs a few batts to keep it happy.

i know a guy with two in his geo metro on 4 15's. things a beast. but they don't have room for more than 6 batts i think. plus the one under the hood.

3. connerray2010

well im going ahead with a ap 3k for when i do decide to up grade. but i dont need a whole lot of power to the amp if im only pulling 1.2k right? maby a sec batt and ill be good untill i do decide to go with the fis then i will go from there.
    and me just now geting the 2nd l5 and amp (bout to get the amp any way) is why i threw this in the "off topic" thread because curiosity got the best of me and so i figured i would get some opinions on it.
    note:its fi bl not bt...

4. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

if your wiring it for 1200 then a single batt will suffice for now.

keep an eye on the voltage when you run it, just to be on the safe side.

i have a 1200 watt amp but its wired for 900 and i have a total of 3 batts in my truck. better safe than sorry i say.

5. morespl

morespl Full Member

yeah i ran a orion 2500d

on 2 batts it pulled em both down don't clip the l5s there souldn't be any problems but the next thing you should do is up grade power supply that amp has enough power to stall small cars. But it puts out enough power to get down.

6. connerray2010

Yea. We've already been through all this lol. I'm just askin bout the subs. I see lotsa vids with these fi subs and there bangin hard.