factory performance

Discussion in 'Car Audio Head Units' started by Adrian, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Adrian

Adrian Full Member

alright i have a 2005 chevy cavalier and i still have the stock head unit untill
    i put my PIONEER PERMIER DEH-P840MP
    [​IMG]
    and my stock stereo has some features that i would like 2 keep cuz my stereo dosent trun off until i open my driver door and it hires as i go faster and lowers as i slow down jus wondering if i can still keep the features. Wat would i have 2 do or is it even possable 2 do it
    much love 2 all CARAUDIOTALK.COM members

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

that is a feature built in to the head not the car.my old pioneer had that feature.it was ok but i like to control the vol myself.

3. pedro quiroga

4. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

ya ASL automatic sound level adjustment, my pioneer has it too, the first time i heard it i was like what the hell is going on, if i drive faster the music turns up if i slow down it turned down, i didn't realize or know that i had accidently turned on the asl. I don't use it, cool idea but not practical for me.

5. DMP

DMP Full Member

You need to buy a special harness to keep that feature and the door chimes.

6. Adrian

Adrian Full Member

wat kind of harness and if uninstall my factory deck would it still work cuz my dad wants 2 put it on his 88 s-10

7. pedro quiroga

of corse the deck will still work once uninstalled.unless you take it out with a crowbar.

he will need to know what wire is what.so when you get your harness to install the pioneer just lable what is what on the stock one.

8. DMP

DMP Full Member

9. Adrian

Adrian Full Member

well my dad has a couple facotry stereos sitting around and they turn on but no sound he has this 1 from a honda with a 6 dics changer and wont even turn on he said something about getting it progamed

10. Adrian

Adrian Full Member

wat will the harness do wtf is chime

11. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

that's why all those other stereos don't work. they need the factory harness to for them to work. Just like in my ford, they are just all plugs, if you don't have the plug adapters then how do you expect them to work? Chimes or warning tones that you car gives off when something isn't working right. That harness keeps everything working properly.

Hope that helped.

12. DMP

DMP Full Member

Door chimes.....as in when you have the drivers door open....it goes ding, ding, ding. I dont know why GM integrated it into their radio. :confused:

13. DMP

DMP Full Member

Does the unit display an error code? If so, you need a radio code for it to work. You can get the radio code if you go to a Honda dealership...I think they will need the serial number thats on the radio.

14. Adrian

Adrian Full Member

mannnnnnnnnnn this sight is the sh#t so can i jus buy a harnes at wal mart or will it be a differnt 1

15. DMP

DMP Full Member

I doubt you will find it at Walmart. Youre better off going to a car audio shop.

16. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

You will need an interface, the part number will be GMCO.

Peripheral Electronics

Its really simple, color to color and plug in to your factory plug, your done.

17. Adrian

Adrian Full Member

does this give you more volatage or any thing like that

18. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

No, its just an interface that will make everything work like its supposed to. If your putting any aftermarket radio in a new car, the correct interface is the only way to go.

19. CadillacETC1997

CadillacETC1997 Well-Known Member

be lucky this is an easy bypass
    my ETC and STS have the radio as part of the data class system
    when there is a U1000 or a loss of communication with the radio in most HIGH end cars, the computers will continually send a power signal pulse trying to locate the unit. Well guess what happens over night if it never finds that unit....

heck even a cobalt
    1st it needs an interface similar to the one you need
    2nd it needs a dash kit that costs i think 100-200 bucks as the oil life monitor and all driver info center controls are controlled through the radio and the newer dash kit has a screen on it allowing you to maintain these features

Last edited: Mar 2, 2008