Exchanging my Headunit

Discussion in 'Car Audio Head Units' started by DaveDSMer, Mar 19, 2007.

1. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

Well I am going to be sending my headunit back to Crutchfield. It is just having way too many problems and has ****ed me off enough. I keep getting tuner and antenna errors on top of the radio randomly going into protect. So I am able to exchange it for any radio that is 179.99 at Crutchfield.. sure am glad I ordered through them.

These are my choices.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-m5wZir...ems=133C8303&compareitems=130DEHP490&x=18&y=4

Any opinions would be great. So far I am leaning toward that Pioneer or that Penasonic thats on sale. The Kenwood left a bad taste in my mouth so I am kinda relunctant to get another one.

2. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

Panasonic has always made a dam fine unit.........

3. ibanezFreak87

ibanezFreak87 Full Member

any excelon product you can't go wrong with. the pioneer is good too. I haven't heard a good panasonic in a while..
    and i would just stay away from alpine. I don't like alpine head units.

4. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

Well I sent the Kenwood back today. Going to be exchanged for the Panasonic so we will see how this new one goes. Hell.. as long as the damn thing at least stays on for more than 20 minutes at a time it would be an improvement.

On a side note this Panasonic has a 15amp fuse in it.. thats a first for me when it comes to headunits I always see 10amp fuses used.

5. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

interesting thing happened. I called Sirius to cancel my subscription and they offered me a free satillite radio with car kit. So yeah... I get to add Sirius to the Panasonic for free.. lol.