Driving just to listen to your stereo

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Fbmowner, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Fbmowner

Fbmowner Full Member

I do it all the time =D.

2. DMP

DMP Full Member

Used to do it back when gas was like 89 cents or 99 cents a gallon.

3. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

I drive 30 minutes to work, so does that count? I could teach at a school just 3 minutes from my house, but I choose not to.

I think it should count

4. Fbmowner

Fbmowner Full Member

Sounds legit to me!. I could car pool to work but i choose to drive my self so i can blast my ears for 45 minutes =D. So i get double points in my book! Id offer to drive my co worker in for a few bucks but he cant take 135dB's at 6am like i can .

5. ericj

ericj Full Member

I rarely drive to work and take public transportation instead, mostly since I would have to pay $12 a day to park. :( Huge disincentive. When I do drive, it's mostly on the weekends and after work, so I usually take the long way or just drive around awhile so I can listen longer.

I've found lots of dbs in the morning is a great way to wake up when I drive that early.

6. Lazy Eye

Lazy Eye Full Member

I used to do that all the time in my durango even tho it got 4 mpg but I rarely do that now

7. tommy2tone

tommy2tone Full Member

Not so much any more,but I used to.I crank it up on my way home from work though.

8. des343

des343 Full Member

cant afford to

9. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

i drive 18 miles to work each way. it wakes me up in the AM, and i wind down on my way home.

10. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

I have actually done that years ago. In my old dodge...

Had a KILLER SQ system in it....would fill the tank and drive just before the point of no return on the fuel gauge then go back home...ended up in some odd areas! Never had enough good tapes or cd's...(had both a tape deck and cd player in it)