door hinge(es)? door popping against panels!

Discussion in 'Car Repair' started by kryptonitewhite, Mar 24, 2009.

1. kryptonitewhite

kryptonitewhite Full Member

yesterday out of the blue my car door started popping while I open it, not as bad when i shut it. in front the body seam is right up against the door seam, so the door is sitting forward... pushed/bent toward the front of the car.

The rear seam is now a big gap.

I checked the hinges, they dont look bent or like they have any play.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

top hinge
    [​IMG]

bottom hinge
    [​IMG]

sorry this camera blows

I tried lifting the end of the door, there is no play, and visually the black rubber/plastic bushings look OK... bolts tight....

2. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

looks like the door was misaligned. maybe you can bring it to a body shop and they can realign the door for you. Hope it won't cost much to do. That's what happens when you have too much bass. lol

3. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

umm if you have a simple unerstanding of tools and stuff, just loosen the bolts and have someone either tightne the bolts or move the door. Just loosen them a little. then move it whatever way you need, then snug em up, close the door slowly watching the gaps and whe you finally get it right just tighten it completely.

4. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

i kinda have the same problem with my passenger side door on my acura i think the previous owner got mad one day and kicked the crap outa it lol
    i was thinking of trying to get a screwdriver in between the door and the frame and trying to pry it out....do you think that would work?

5. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

do you see any stress cracks on the paint on the hinges?

6. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

no i was looking at it yesta day and there were none