Don Sweeney Optima Red Top's

Discussion in 'Automotive Electrical' started by kryptonitewhite, Nov 20, 2009.

1. kryptonitewhite

kryptonitewhite Full Member

4 years ago or so I got a SWEET deal on 6 Optima Red Tops. I can't find the guy and I don't remember what company he's from. Ring any bells for anyone?

Anyway most people don't run Optima, why not? I'm assuming because more hours of sotrage can be had for less? I like the idea of dry/gel cells so that I can mount them any way I want inside the vehicle and no hydrogen gas released from charging.

Anyone know if this guy is still around? What other options should I consider?

Thanks!

Krypto

2. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

i've never heard of him, but red tops arent for audio, so everyone says. you should check out xs power batts or kinetiks. i have an xs power 1200 and i love it. you can order them from mechman

3. kryptonitewhite

homuch are they? I never had a problem with my 6, and they were only $117/peice shipped!

4. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

check out mechman's site...i know they arent 117 lol

5. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

yellow tops are warrantied for car audio. xs power batts are the **** as well.

6. kryptonitewhite

I ordered 6 direct so I got a discount. im not gonna go to advanced auto and pay $180

7. kryptonitewhite

alright, ive seen lots of XS..the blue and white...

anyway,

I am overwhelmingly hearing "get deka" so what is the best for the price, not best for top dollar. I see MK and Intimidator....

8. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

only thing with deka is they arent dry cell, they are lead acid batts. i hear those arent too safe to have inside of your car in case it leaks or something

9. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

my friend robin runs deka's in his neon. i think his are sealed kvo. and they can hold some power. we went to the drive in last week and listened to 2012 thru his radio and lets just say 2.5 hours later they were at 12.8v.

he has 4 of them i believe plus his batt under the hood on the stock alt in his neon. its crazy.

2 IA 21's on 4 IA 20.1's and two 2ch amps for mids and highs.

if im not mistaken they are both made by johnson controls.

10. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

wow. thats alot of juice

11. pedro quiroga

yup! each sub has 2 amps to it strapped to like .35Ω. crazy stuff.

12. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

i heard about his neon...i heard it was really badass!! and about them being lead acid, i saw that on the site, not sure if they have any that are sealed

13. pedro quiroga

ok, i must have them confused with some other batt. or persons install.

i will ask him.