Do I have enough juice?

Discussion in 'Automotive Electrical' started by jkok7, Oct 20, 2009.

1. jkok7

jkok7 Full Member

I have a Chevy Malibu LS (LOL), is lined with eDead 45 Sound Deadener. I have a Pioneer Premier DEH-p390mp Deck, a HOA 200 amp, an upgraded battery, The Big 3 (0-gauged), Planet Audio 2 Farad Cap, Xstatic Supercap 100 (35 Farads), 8 component speakers Combo of Kicker & MTX, two of which I mounted in the headrests, 6 tweeters, 2 Sony Xplod XM-Z604 4 channel amps, 4 Rockford Fosgate P3 D2 12s in 4 Separate 1.3 cubic feet each lined with polyfill.

Now I was powering my subs with a Visonik V2908 pushing a little over 1200 watts, my lights never dimmed and when I was driving I always stayed at between 13.5 to 14.4 volts. But when I stopped at lights, that when I started to fall in the 12v down to the 11 volt range.

Now I have a Mmats 3500.1D coming. Will I have an issue with being able to run that amp while driving? (Not in idle)

Any HELP, would be greatly appreciated

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

sounds like the alt is not putting out enough while idling is all. most dont. um do they have an external regulator that will allow you to change that?

i now a competitor friend "frankie rio" youtube him. he can turn his alt up at idle when he competes. he's cant sit in the car to rev the engine so this helps him.

look into it...or just turn it down at lights lol

3. jkok7

jkok7 Full Member

Yep

Thats what I do, I turn it down at lights. I really don't like to be rude, I'm a southern gentleman. And plus it helps cut down on the chance of getting a ticket.

4. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

oooh i just remembered something a friend on another site told me. those mmats amps dont like seeing voltages under 12.

5. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

ya you need to make sure it is above 12V. i heard that too. add some batteries or something.

6. Bogie

Bogie New Member

Find a local Alternator shop and get you HO unit tested a idle speeds probably not putting out enough amps you might be able to adjust the belt pulley size to get out enough to address your problem.

7. jkok7

jkok7 Full Member

Hey I was just offered a 14 Volt Grey Gel Cell Battery that weighs like 80 lbs. Are they any good? Matter of fact it's an Enersys HX330. Let me know.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  8. jkok7

jkok7 Full Member

On that Enersys HX330 Battery I mentioned. Has anybody heard of these before. I've found nothin but good stuff about them.

Here's the specs:

Volts: 12.00
    mAh: 90000
    Chemistry: Flame Retardant Sealed Lead Acid
    Weight (lbs): 71.00
    Color: Black
    Length (in): 12.04
    Width (in): 6.80
    Height (in): 8.40

I think that mah # is pretty significant.

You think this will do the job & will I need a battery isolator?

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  9. jonnyv713

You shouldnt need an isolator if you dont listen to the stereo with the car off for long periods of time, or let the car sit for a long time.

10. jkok7

jkok7 Full Member

Alright but, will this battery do the job? I have a Mmats 3500.1 won't that draw at least 300 amps?

11. jonnyv713

get as many as you can then.

12. jkok7

jkok7 Full Member

Will a Kinetik HC2400 do the job?

13. jonnyv713

it should but u may still wanna get a couple or more cheaper batteries.

14. jkok7

jkok7 Full Member

Like what, a couple Sprinters or Dekas?