Do any of you have a CD recorder?

Discussion in 'Home Audio Talk' started by wild-bill, Aug 29, 2010.

1. wild-bill

wild-bill Full Member

Here's a pic of my JVC with the Onkyo CD player and Sony turntable. I can record anything that's connected to the home stereo-tapes, LPs, am/fm, DVD concerts. It's amazing how many times you have to explain it to people before they realize it's not a computer CD burner. You can copy CDs with high speed dubbing(2X), but I prefer to play them on the Onkyo so I can send the signal through the EQ, and fix it up the way I want.

[​IMG]

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

nice set up. wish i had one but i don't own many cd's or LP's.

having one hooked up to my cable box would be nice. i could record what ever i wanted off of my music channels.

3. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

wish I did...i have lots of old vinyle...and lots of it is in pristine condition. I used only the best I could afford in cartridges and needles.. would love to rip my vintle onto cds..just never got the inkling to do it.

You have a nice setup....I envy you system in some ways!

4. wild-bill

wild-bill Full Member

Thanks Viking. I've put alot of my vinyl on CDs. And Pedro that's a good idea-recording songs from sat TV music channels.

5. Willy D

Willy D Full Member

I have an onkyo player and a stand alone sony pro cd burner...I like to do as you said. Take the analog outs of the onkyo and into an eq or my sonic maximizer to eq to taste then to the burner...

6. wild-bill

wild-bill Full Member

Yes it works very well doesn't it. People tell me that it will not sound good that way because I'm using the analog outputs/inputs. I just shake my head. Why do they think music can't sound good if you're not using the latest technology??? These are the same people that think you have to have a 12+ MP camera to get good pictures. Until they see a 11X14 I took with a Nikon D50 I used to have-it's 6MP.