custom wire job. need some help

Discussion in 'Automotive Electrical' started by vwilliams1475, Oct 18, 2010.

1. vwilliams1475

vwilliams1475 Member

hey guys new tho the forum could not find the answers on my own so i thought i would ask the experts. so here it goes.

i have a 1000 watt 4 channel amp. says if i bridge 2 of the channels i can get a max output of 300 watts. i have 2 pa speakers boxes with 4 speakers built in. x2 15inch speakers 5inch and tweeter. it is all preweird in the box to a red and black panel on the back of the box. the speaker says max input 300 watts. so i ran a + from channel 1 and - from from channel 2. to the panel on the back of the box i built. but i am getting alo of distortion. my friend said i needed lager wires to the box.... but the wires inside the box are not very big.... he also said that i did not bridge it properly...?

so thats the situation i have any help or advice would be helpful.

2. Fbmowner

Fbmowner Full Member

Whats the final ohm rating from all the speakers on the terminal on the back of the box? Also having 15" subs and tweeters running on the same channel is not a very good idea.

3. vwilliams1475

vwilliams1475 Member

it says 8 ohms. and its a full range amp. and all the speakers are wired into a little circuit in the box. thats the way it came.

4. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

Still need some info on the amp...brand, model, etc...

The little circuit board you are seeing is the cross-over most likely. It is what divides the audio signal into different frequencies and send the appropriate sounds to the correct speakers.. And since we now know that the spkers are 8 ohm, we have another key to the puzzle of getting your system up and going!