crunch ground pounder 3000 pro vs ap3000d vs AQX-3500.1

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Amplifiers' started by kryptonitewhite, Nov 30, 2009.

1. kryptonitewhite

kryptonitewhite Full Member

yup, another VS thread, and yup this is getting old, I am sorry. Seems the more research I do, the more questions I have.

So I want more power than I originally thought. crunch ground pounder 3000 pro, ap3000d, AQX-3500.1?

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

hahaha your posting this all over arent you?

can you post links to these guys for faster reviews. im too lazy.

i looked at the crunch amp, and i know its capible of pumping outt he power. i had a teammate use 5 in his van. he also had to back them up with 20 batts too. not that they needed that many. he was bass racing the 59 class and needed the power. but at over 400 each its a lot.

for the money tho im going to have to say the AP3000d is my choice. it seems to have a small following with some of my friends and it does not disappoint there.

like i said im considering one of their smaller amps for me. the 1500 or 1800. now that i have the batts to back up some extra power.

found this..http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=445100

Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  3. pedro quiroga

if that amp is .5 ohm stable daily then i may look into one of those one day.

it seems to put out its power at 1 ohm too. i always thought it was cheap flea market crap. not so, so it seems.

1500 on a D2 15 in my truck should pound like a mother! have a bud that want to make me a 6th order for my cheapo quantum 15. if it blows then meh, it was free.

4. kryptonitewhite

thanks man! looks like the GP3kPRO is discontinued so IDK where my dealer is getting them new but would be hard to replace I bet :(

5. kryptonitewhite

ooh ooh!

http://cgi.ebay.com/AudioPipe-AQX-3...ewItemQQptZCar_Amplifiers?hash=item3ca5768cbc

6. pedro quiroga

7. kryptonitewhite

my problem is I have a maxxsonics dealer working with me, so I started with BXi2610D but it's not big enough... so I was comparing BXi to AP3000 and AQ2200D

Now comparing Crunch GP to AP3000 and AQX

ugh!

8. kryptonitewhite

9. kryptonitewhite

Audioque 3500D $549 each to any zip code in the lower 48 States.

well good to know

10. pedro quiroga

how much power do you want? or need?

11. kryptonitewhite

more the better, at least 3000, closer to 4000 for headroom

12. pedro quiroga

sounds like you need to strap some amps together or get some really big ones.

maybe a soundstream 6500? but they need some batts to back em up.

RD makes some big ass amps, as does powerbass, cactus sounds and many others. cant think of anymore right now.....:wacko:

13. kryptonitewhite

looked up RD the other day, looks like some awesome products... I think biggest was 7kw though... maybe 1 of those would be better than 2 3500 watters?

14. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

i would go with 2 audiopipes just because of the cost

15. kryptonitewhite

just heard this " The gpv30001d has the same board as the aqx35001 but the aqx has better processing for cleaner output. "

16. kryptonitewhite

I replotted, and I love it. 2 MXs 40 cubic feet @ 15Hz, 6000 watts ( hoping that the GPVs will have plenty of headroom and the gains will be down a touch or a few)

vs

4 MXs 40 cubes sealed 10000 watts ( 100 watts headroom per BXi)

under 40mm Xmech, though I hope the suspension tightening will keep it closer to Xmax in reality

[​IMG]

17. pedro quiroga

they like throwing out that MAXX rating a lot, except in the mono amp.

im not sure on the lighting on the front tho. my hifonics zeus lite up my hatch at night and i didnt like that. same xover too. 24db per oct on the sub.

18. kryptonitewhite

i like lights :)

he wants $600 for the GPV. I'm not so sure about AP, the aqx. The AQ is a touch cheaper than the GPV.

Crunch Ground Pounder V 3000.1D $600
    AQ3500D $550
    AP AQX - i'm shaky and iffy on it. only $400 though