Cr*tchfield (not spam)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Klinkster, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Klinkster

Klinkster Full Member

I'm not a spambot, but I just want to give the company I bought my Installation kit and Wire harness some love here.

Crutchfield.

I didn't even buy my HU from them(I found it $50 cheaper elsewhere), but I bought a Santa Fe Harness and Installation kit from them.

My kit's frame wouldn't fit the stock dash opening. I was able to use the side brackets, but the front frame was 1/4 in. too large on each side. I could make it fit with some dremmeling to the stock dash, but that defeats the purpose of a kit and I wasn't going to hack my dash up. I thought, Oh well, I'll fabricate a custom frame when I get around to it and live with the gaping slot under my HU. I never bothered to call them. It was only $15 and I did use the side brackets.

I got an email from Crutchfield to please rate my items on their website. I clicked the link and left my rating and issue on their website a few days ago.

I got a phone call today from them wanting to refund my $15 and asking exactly what the issue was! I never had a company call me to see if I was satisfied before, let alone wanting to give me my money back because their product didn't live up to its advertised standard.

Now I feel a lil guilty for not buying my HU from them. Yeah, they aren't the cheapest place to buy gear from, but they are competitive and stand behind all their stuff.

End of commercial! :D

2. ericj

ericj Full Member

Nice! That never, okay, rarely, happens. So, did ya take the $? :)

3. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

thats a great testimonial really....

I have had similiar experiences with annhieser busch brewing company.........

4. Klinkster

Klinkster Full Member

Hell ya, but they definitely are getting my business for my next radio just for the outstanding service and support :)

I wish more companies would appreciate their customers like this. I only planned on spending $25 with them for this project, but they more than likely will be getting hundreds from me in the future just over a measly $15.

5. cork1958

cork1958 Full Member

Now, that is how you SHOULD run a freaking business!!

Most companies just blow through what they do, take your money and are done with you, as I had happen with the company that installed my rain gutters and another company that did my roof.

Took BOTH those SOB's to court and basically got both done for free.
    Have published as much BAD publicity about them as I can.

6. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

i bought a gps headunit from them and got all i needed for my sisters murano. i had one issue with the clock and the guy on the phone helped me out step by step. then even sent an email to make sure all was fine.

could you find stuff elsewhere cheaper? yes. do you get the same customer service? almost never. they are the same price as best buy but with smarter easier service.