Contact List and Presets on Pioneer AVH-P2400BT

Discussion in 'Car Audio Head Units' started by sgoldste01, Sep 14, 2012.

1. sgoldste01

sgoldste01 New Member

I just installed an AVH-P2400BT, and it's basically working well.

But I have some issues with the Bluetooth, and am hoping to find a work-around. I don't have a smartphone. My phone is a fairly basic Tracfone (LG 500G), which has Bluetooth. I can pair this phone with the 2400BT just fine, but the phone cannot sync its contact list with the 2400BT.

"No problem, I'll just manually program the 2400BT's 6 presets," I thought. Apparently this is not possible, according to Pioneer's customer service. It seems that the phone will only allow you to put contacts from your contact list into the presets. But my 2400BT doesn't have a populated contact list, so I can't do that.

But wait...there's more! You know the Dialed Calls and Received Calls lists? Apparently calls only show up on those lists if they were made to/from phone numbers that are (you guessed it) in your contact list. Even if you manually place a call using the 2400BT's virtual numeric phone pad, THAT CALL DOES NOT GET ENTERED ONTO THE DIALED CALLS LIST!

So not only can't I configure my 6 presets, but I also can't make use of my call history lists!

Are you kidding me? What was Pioneer thinking? :(