compacitor

Discussion in 'Automotive Electrical' started by crazywhiteboy91, Aug 28, 2009.

1. crazywhiteboy91

crazywhiteboy91 Full Member

well guys got a free 500k i think compacitor...its a schoshe or however you say that. ive got it hooked up and really cant tell a deiference. ive got ajvc 12'' 350rms sub with a kenwood kac-5204 350 watt amp. its only giving the sub like 120 rms. but like i said i hooked up the compacitor and cant see why i would need one. i know they are to store energy to save your alternator wear and tear. lemme know what yall think.

2. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

3. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

its not a compacitor its a crapacitor lol. CC is right you dont need it.

4. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

stop confusing him guys! lol it is a CAPacitor. and they are right. they are completely unneeded!

5. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

6. crazywhiteboy91

but it lights up a pretty blue...can i keep it??? lol:D

7. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

if it perdy for you then keep it. lol

8. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

My truck has a capacitor, my wifes car has a capacitor and my sons car has a capacitor. Do they serve a useful purpose, yes they do. Now don't expect them to fix a problem, but they can smooth out voltage ups and downs.

Check out the picture of the amp, notice the caps. If the manufacturer could get more and bigger caps in there, they would.

Attached Files:

9. pedro quiroga

actually i have been meaning to put mine back in. since i do have it. im sure it can help in my bass race comps. will give me a good start anyways. maybe even a good burp number.

10. crazywhiteboy91

yea all you had to do was tell me ive had enuff amps apart to see all the compacitors in there.

11. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

its a CAPACITOR...not compacitor

12. pedro quiroga

he was saying that amps have them so there not all as bad as they are made to sound. they are just not a magic solution to not enough power in a system.

13. crazywhiteboy91

yea i got what he was saying, sorry if i sounded like an assshole

14. crazywhiteboy91

haha i's a rednek i cant speeel

15. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

:rolleyes:I just read the thread "why we don't need a cap", interesting. But I have a problem with it. It states that the caps resistance to ground is 0-ohms (a direct short to ground) when the voltage across the cap is 0-volts, which is true.

Please tell me when that will happen in a car? I've never seen a cars voltage drop to 0-volts.

I love voodoo science.

Lesson 7 makes no sense to me what so ever. Why would I wanna light a light bulb with a capacitor? If I wanna light a light bulb, I'll use a battery. I KNOW, maybe all the amp manufactures should remove all the capacitors from their amps and replace them with batteries. After all, a battery can light a light bulb longer.:rolleyes:

Seriously, a capacitor will not harm your vehicle. It will try to sabilize the voltage at you amp. But remember, it is not fix for a weak charging system. If your lights dim when the bass note hits, a cap will NOT fix your problem.

16. Dj BASS

Dj BASS New Member

There is something new to the market called a CapCell two companies right now make them Sound Stream and Power Acoustik.
    http://www.poweracoustik.com/pa2006/product_AUDIO_addon_CAPSELL.htm[/EMAIL]
    Now you should check this out because the other way would be upgrading your alternator with a H.O and adding a second battery this gets very expensive. Caps do suck I had a 2 farad and did nothing. I purchased one of the capcells and it works I disconnected my car battery and the capcell powered my car, a cap does'nt do that
    If you hear negative feed back ask the post if he ever used one because you can't say something does'nt work unless you hooked it up before.

Jvc KW-AVX800 DVD player
    Audiobahn A18001DT
    Audiobahn A1004DP
    Two Lanzar 1232D subs wired for 2 ohm load
    Doors I have Opti65 Midbass they have 3inch Vc Handle 250rms
    Boston Acoustic Pro Tweeters with crossovers
    Power Acoustik Capcell 600
    Running Monster speaker wire
    Streetwires 0 GAuge From battery to The Capcell then 4 Gauge to the amps
    Inline with the power 250amp blade fuse