College

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by aznboi3644, Dec 12, 2008.

1. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Well guys...I feel like I suck super hard at college. At least in the mechanical engineering program.

I want to take a year off and continue welding...make some money then go back.

In philosophy we had a 6 page paper due last Tuesday...I'm still working on it. I have no idea why I suck so bad at writing papers...Like I can't think of anything to write. I've been staring at the screen and this book for probably a total of 20 hours...I have a paragraph. Is this normal??

Every day the paper is late its 10% off the total amount possible...so basically i can get a 70% IF, and that's a huge IF, I can email my professor the paper by midnight...also it has to be perfect.

Fuk I just feel like I'm wasting time and money going to college right now cuz I have no clue what I want to do. There's no point in continuing the engineering program if I feel like I can't finish it.

Welding I can start off making $14/hour and get raises that bump it up to $20/hour. I know I can get a job easily in town because I used to go to the SICTC for welding and I could have gotten a job straight after high school.

I fail at life basically...stress is just killing me. My grades suck...I just suck at college basically. Probably lose my scholarship. I dunno.

I'm about to go to UE and talk to some lady about it.

2. liftedranger08

liftedranger08 Full Member

Im sry to hear that man. I hope everything gets better for you and good luck with what ever you decide to do.

3. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

you're stressed about your whole situation and it's giving you writers block bro. take it easy and try to relax a bit. don't sit staring at the computer cuz that will make it worse. take a break and clear your head then go back.

4. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

I really did'nt like writing papers either. At ACU they have a Writing Center, whose job is to help students on their papers.
    http://www.acu.edu/academics/cas/english/degrees/writingcenter/index.html

Its a little too late now, but I'm sure the college your attending has a similar program. Something else, major papers should be started as soon as the assignment is given. Never Procrastinate. It's much easier to write a little at a time then to write it all at once.

Sometimes a break will help you get back on track, but make it a short one. The longer the break the harder it is to get back.

By the way, my senior paper was 16 pages, front and back.:cool:

5. Eleu

Eleu Full Member

Your just going through a stressful time in a stressfull class bro, philosophy is a hard class in certain respects, some peoples minds just dont work the way philosophy class teaches things and leaves very open ended ends... iam not going to bs you and say that you must have a college degree to survive in life. but i will be honest, it helps a **** load. no joke. also if you break now, and take a year to do what ever for however long, yhou chances of comming back drop exponentially, its a statisticle fact, the more time you take off, the less likly you are to go back. period. so stick with it i say, go have a beer and relax a little, let some of the stress go, hell go blow something up!

6. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Very Good Advise. I agree 110%.

I did take one semester off half way through and returned back too my studies. But I have to agree. A year or more off might have been bad.

Very good advice

7. crazy_awper

crazy_awper Guest

Thanks guy,and nice to meet you ,good luck to you,all the best!

8. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

done with finals...one went well...other two were hard as hell.

Switched majors to Business/Undeclared. Taking a break from engineering sh!t.

Hopefully I will do better in this field

9. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Hey, that was my course. I took up business administration, more of common sense so i don't think you'll have a lot of problems with that and since your good at math, you should do well. Business math isn't that hard.

10. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

Im starting to study for high school finals right now got 4 of them tomorrow and 3 more on Friday. YAY! I really dont know what to expect. I don't study that much though because i find all tests very easy.

11. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Life blows right now...Im in the hole 450 dollars. Last resort is to sell my gold chain.

I got it appraised at a local jewelry shop and its over $1K chain. Not sure how much I will get from a pawn shop...maybe I'll ebay it. Anyways I've had it for about 8-9 years...my dad bought it for me. Damn.

LiftedRanger...sorry I haven't been around. Mega stressed out right now. Bro I promise I'll get it out tomorrow.

12. liftedranger08

liftedranger08 Full Member

No problem man. I understand you have been stressed out.