Collaborative Enclosure Design Thread

Discussion in 'Subwoofer Box and Custom Fabrication' started by aznboi3644, Jan 10, 2009.

1. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Well members I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread dedicated to enclosure designs.

If you have any questions about what type of enclosure or size and tunings this is the place to come to discuss and get help.

Also talk about the out of the ordinary enclosures not just sealed and bass reflex designs.

Post up designs also so others may use them also...if it works out well maybe we can sticky this thread.

I'm working on a chambered t-line for a single 10" sub if anyone wants to try it out. G3...this should make your old school solo pound pretty good.

2. Eleu

Eleu Full Member

Things like Isobaric Quasi Eighth Order Series-Tuned Dual Reflex Bandpass?

Heh, i got a couple extra 12"s and 10"s now so i think i am going to start experimenting, iam sure ill have some posts in here lol

3. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

I've got a few builds coming up soon so ill have some designs and lots of discussion.

4. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

G3 you wanna try a back loading horn for your Kicker??

5. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

I actually traded it back to the kids dad lol. But I have that 12 dollar 10 inch dynex from best buy still:)

6. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

**** build it...put that Dynex in there.

preview for the overall dimensions

[​IMG]

7. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

Holy **** that things huge. How low will it go before it falls on its face? I may use it for HT.

8. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

If you want one for HT try this...I'd say the horn would get down to around 30Hz maybe lower before rolling off hard

[​IMG]

9. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Just did some work and the Orion HP10 seems like it would kick some major ass in the Chambered T-line shown above. Very reasonable priced sub too. I'm seriously considering this if I can save up enough money. I need to get myself a little present. I wanna see how many ppl I can shock with this sub and 400-500 watts.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_14041_Orion+HP12D2.html

Also I've heard of someone giving the 12" version of this sub over 1000 watts daily and it took it fine. From the looks of the sub it has very good cooling around the coil.

10. Eleu

Eleu Full Member

i dont like the fact that the back of the magnet is closed, but it looks like yolu might be able to pull off that name plate. help cooling out a bit if you plan to run it high.

11. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

There is no pole vent so the air circulates around the top plate where it is better dissipated. Better cooling than pole vents

12. Eleu

Eleu Full Member

Spose thats what the little heatsinks/vents around the magnet are? seems sound enough.

13. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

hey azn, do you think you can hook me up wit a t-line for one of my 13kv.2's?

14. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

yeah...we can do that

15. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

forgot about this thread...

Azn, could you help a guy out for a new design for a sub box? I'm not sure if i want to take my rear seats again so if i'm going to do it this way I may have to go with fiberglass. willing to lend me a hand?

On second thought, lets get rid of the rear seats again!! lol.. If my memory serves me right, 48" wide, the height I have to remeasure. I want this box to be bigger this time. I'll put my amps under the second row seating this time around...

the box would be for my 2 13Ov.2's.......

16. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

both of you get some max dimensions up.

17. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

I'll get them up tonight... I just have to figure out my max height. I want to try higher tuning this time. what do you suggest?

18. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

LMAO. that is funny!

19. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

Hey cccullen I'm gonna be doing a new box in an acura mdx for my friends 13ov.2s. It will be 4cuft@36hz with at least a 3 cuft port. Should be crazy ill make a full fledge project thread out of it.