Class T amplifier

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Amplifiers' started by aznboi3644, Sep 8, 2006.

1. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

hmmmm....looks like...i dont know?400 watts for 98 bucks.you gonna buy it?for your sub/s.forgot if you had 1 or 2.

3. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

what are the dementions for that amp?

4. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

Class t is nothing new, been around for a while. Lot of companies use this technology, Zapco, Crystal, Directed, ma audio, Arc audio as does Blaupunkt.
    look at www.tripathpower.com it gives some history on class t technology. I think
    that price is a great buy as long as they are new and not refurbs, think ill buy 2 or 3 myself. Thanks for the heads up for the great price!!:)

5. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

My bad guys, the website is www.tripath.com sorry my memory is not as good as it used to be.

6. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I was thinking about buying it for my girlfriends car...looked cool..decent price and class t topology

So...this class T stuff is really that efficient and doesn't put off much heat??

Last edited: Sep 8, 2006
  7. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

class t technology? Hmmmmmmmm.....

From blaujunk?

I say, let them keep it

Hell, i dont know, maybe its the next greatest thing. but I am sure leary of it, i had a hard time going from tubes to transistors.

Time to warm up that old rca tube O-scope and see if it still works...LOL I doubt it!

The advent of new technology takes some time to perfect, in the range of at least 5 years in my opinion. I will stick with class A, B, A/B amps for now, they work quite well and I dont mind the heat or the size. As for digital......blow me

By god i hear with my ears in analog, so the only thing I want to be didgital is the source unit, and thats not by choice. Give me a dammed quality vinyle analog recording over a hi-bitrate cd ANYDAY.....

8. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

Damn Viking how old are you??

9. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

Old enough to know better, but young enough to realize that the more i learn, the dumber I realize i am!