car has no juice!?

Discussion in 'Automotive Electrical' started by DaveDSMer, Nov 26, 2006.

1. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

Ok this is basically what happened. Found out the battery that was in the car was half the size it was supposed to be. Basically, a battery for a Saturn or something. So a few days ago the battery died and I had to jump it.. ok. Drove it next day fine. Parked it last night and tried to start it this morning and nothing happened. Just like a dead battery. Went up to Autozone and get a Duralast Gold .. the correct size and installed it just now. Still nothing. Postive and negative are hooked up right. Car has 0 juice.. even the power locks wont work. What could be the problem? Fuse? Relay? Computer? I am not sure where to start.

2. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

We need to start at the battery and proceed to the main fuse block under the hood. First, what is the voltage at the battery?

3. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

i had a friend with a similar prob.his MAIN fuse was burned.he sold the car not knowing what it was.another co worker bought it and replaced the fuse.5$.he bought it for 100$.then after he tuned it up and drove it for a few months he sold it for 800.

i guess what im trying to say is check all your fusable links.like ranger said.

4. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I have a Duralast yellow top...It's pretty strong

5. pedro quiroga

if i remember right the duralast battery was rated #1 in consumer reports for best batt in class.group 65?

6. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

So.........Dave..............what is the story?

we are waiting for a reply here and I am all ready to solve an electrical question RIGHT NOW........

tommorrow may be a different story......those dammed hangovers...................

7. pedro quiroga

8. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Dave...maybe you should have read Viking's sticky on adding a second battery

9. TheViking

I think dave fell into the toilet and knocked himself out on the rim..... DAVE.................DAVE!!!....................HEY !!!!!!!!!!!!! DAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah heck guys, leave him alone.....he passed out on the porcelian thrown... that is mans ONE true sanctuary.

get back with is buddy....when the sight is clear and the edginess is worn off, you will be good as new!!!!!!!!!

Oh, wait, thats me.......

nevermind....................proceed gentlemean, nothing to see here..........

10. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

Did they give you a dead battery??? It can happen if they have been on the shelf for a long time. Put a volt meter on it and like viking said let us know what the voltage is.

11. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

lol you guys are a trip, I was at work and posted before I left. Anyways, I dont really WANT to tell you what it was as.. its totally stupid. Ok um.. you know that little black plastic cap over the negative terminal on new batteries.. well yeah.. i forgot to take it off... I looked at it when i got back .. and was like... omg!.. glad i didnt have anyone come look at it because i derserve a kick to the head for that.

12. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Um...

wow lol

13. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

yeah.. i know..

14. Jeffc879

Jeffc879 Full Member

run a wire from the positive terminal of the battery to the main fuse block on your car. but like they said before, the fusible link in between the battery and the mail fuse block is more then likely burned out. i did it and was stranded. i put a regular 80 amp fuse in its place and has worked ever since.

15. Jeffc879

Jeffc879 Full Member

ha didnt see you had resolved your problem. oops

16. Hautewheeler

Hautewheeler Full Member

Um.. Glad to uh (choking on coffee) see that you got everything figured out okay!:D

17. aitkenkingfish

aitkenkingfish Full Member

glad to see you figured it out so times its the simpelest things.

18. TheViking

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHALOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

(catches breathe...........)

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry, but that IS funny!!!!! And i can laugh my ass off cause i have done stupid things like that myself!!!!!

Now, if the car still has charging issues, let us know. Hopefully that solves your issues

19. Throttletune

Throttletune Full Member

You have no idea how many cars have been towed into the shop with that very issue. If it makes you feel better, you ain't the first to do that.

20. Jeffc879

Jeffc879 Full Member

hahahaha you think thats bad? at the shop i work at, we work on atv's and people will come in and say their quads just died. we look it over, the gas wasnt turned on. a 75 dollar dumba** mistake. ive done it too, but i didnt take it to a shop