Capacitor

Discussion in 'Automotive Electrical' started by Korporat Avengr, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Korporat Avengr

Korporat Avengr Full Member

I want to get a capacitor for the system in my truck. i have a 320w amp and a 600w amp. Can i get one capacitor to work with both amps? i know i need one for my 600w because when the sub is playing loud the lights dim.

What capacitors are the best and wheres the best place to look for one (online)?
    Where do i install the capacitor?

2. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

Might i suggest looking at the big 3 upgrade in automotive electrical...do that. As for a cap....I personally would not waste my money on such a thing. A properly wired electrical system will do far more for you than any cap ever will.

If you MUST have a cap, why I dont know, it can be easily wired into both amps. As close as possible to the amps and wired in parallel with the power wire. As for what brand....Get the cheapest one out there. A cap is a cap is a cap...tin foil and wax paper...they are all the same.....so dont waste even more money on a cap that is in a "cool" enclosure with lights and a voltmeter and has really cool gold terminals....its all a marketing ploy, ya, seriously....

Again...do the big 3, invest your money there.....

3. .::KGD::.

.::KGD::. Full Member

4. soulfly

soulfly Full Member

lol, i thought those were the cheapest ones.
    I'd get a kinectic battery or something before i would a Cap. but yes big 3 #1 always.