candy shop 2.5" door flex windows up ty box finished

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by kryptonitewhite, Jul 14, 2010.

1. kryptonitewhite

kryptonitewhite Full Member

usually my camera wont capture flex, but u can in this one. Im gonna have to get some steel tubing cuz it goes almost 3" and air

BLOWS through the port through the whole cabin

went outta town to do some box business, on the way back on the interstate I put the windows al the way up... I usually leave at

least a few inch gap otherwise the subs get choked out. All the way up the doors flexed almost 3", thought they were gonna rip and

tear. The port was blowing mad air, circulating the whole cabin. I wish I had paper with or somethin to show it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B69rZGAGJn0

built the box for ty, gonna put a false floor on top the box fillin the whole trunk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upqRdqP1YuY

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

That second car with the Xplods, is that a Taurus?

3. kryptonitewhite

I think so, it might be my next save-it project. there's 2 rockfords in a qlogic box behind the explodeds. the amp says yamaha but looks like a rockford. trying to get him to sell all 4 subs and both boxes to put in a 15" BTL ported

4. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

port it through the center armrest, I had a 2000 that was built like that, 2 ppi C2 10 inchers, more for SQ than spl but was very loud inside the car and it sounded very nice as well. If you do something with it take some pics, id love to get some ideas for my 06 Taurus.

5. kryptonitewhite

sounds cool to me!

6. Lazy Eye

Lazy Eye Full Member

Have you got your van metered yet man?

7. kryptonitewhite

not gonna meter it till i get another alt and 2 more batteries. iraggi SUCKS now im goin with excessive amperage

8. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

do a before and after. so you will know how much you gain.

9. kryptonitewhite

ya i been thinkin to just go in and get it done soon as I get a chance, its already loud

10. wild-bill

wild-bill Full Member

Very nice. Looks like a fun project. I can't do that to my car. One of the reasons why I bought a Grand Marquis is the massive trunk space. If I did that, it would defeat the purpose. Gonna have to settle on 1 Alpine Type R 10" and Alpine MRP-500.

11. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

4th order ported thru the rear deck or do an IB set up. you'll still have a 95% of your truck and get nice deep accurate bass.