Can You Help Me Review My New Website?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by geolemon, Apr 16, 2004.

1. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Anyone care to offer judgement on my new layout, look and feel for my site?

First, check out my current version of my site.

And then, check out my new version of my site.

Note the old version is an unorganized simple index, using pictures that I *cough*borrowed*cough*, and the HTML code is horriffic, poorly formatted, and doesn't come close to passing W3C validation.

The new version uses style-sheets, is organized into separate smaller index pages by category (hopefully for easier navigation), gives lots of concern to download speed (nearly instantanious even on dialup), and accessibility (pages scale to user needs) uses XHTML, the code is cleaner (I know because I used a text editor this time :p), and it validates W3C validation for transitional XHTML.

But, the most important thing is... does it feel like an improvement to you?

You'll note that I haven't finished converting all the stuff that I've got on my main page yet... lots of stuff still says "under construction"... I'm converting that stuff - and adding new sections too.

Just looking for feedback on the look and feel and navigation of the site.
    What do you think?

2. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

I like the Javascript and use of Divisions for the Catagory Discriptions

but I would add some Defualt Text so the page does not look so "empty" when you first load it

3. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Ohh and I would use more Contrasting Colors, and maybe some sort of Lines to Seperate the Navagations form the Main Body as well

Over all I like it though

4. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

The new version definatly loads faster. Very easy to navigate too.

5. KhaoticLE

KhaoticLE Full Member

well organized with the latest one........but the first have pretty pics thou!!! B)