building ported box for type r

Discussion in 'Subwoofer Box and Custom Fabrication' started by powerjunkie, Jan 12, 2010.

1. powerjunkie

powerjunkie New Member

first of all, hello to everyone and thank you for having me apart of your forum. okay, i currently have a type r 10" powered by a alpine m650 amp. its currently in box that is about 1.3 cf big with a 1.75w X 9h X 22.75l single slot vent tuned to 35hz.

i love the box and fits in my 04 dodge ram single cab nicely. but i now want something that hits alittle lower. plus i have some extra time so i want to try and build a new box. so can someone help me design a new box? i can get the demisions and more details later.

Thanks in advance
    Paul

2. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

You will need to build a box thats tuned lower. So, give us some dimensions and we can definately help you!

3. powerjunkie

powerjunkie New Member

alright, i attached some pictures of what im going for. the rough measure ments of the the size of the box is 19L x 15w x 10h. unfortionitly that isnt going to be big enough for a ported box, not tall enough for a 10'' sub to fit. so ill have to play with the demisions alittle. im more concerned about what CF are we looking to get? then i can play with the demisions.

the person that designed my present box really liked the way the type r handled bigger boxes. almsot, the bigger the better. should i continue to follow that advise?

i listen to anything from rap to metal. the box i currently have dosnt really hit double bass to hard. i want it to have alittle more thumpy feal in general.

Attached Files: