Brahma 10"

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Honest Bob, Aug 10, 2003.

1. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

I have been thinking about getting a smaller sub due to having such a small trunk. How low will a Brahma 10 go? I really like how effortlessly my 15"s go down to 30 - 40hz.

2. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

It will go good and low. Steven Kephart compared his to a 10W7. Will it efortlessly go to 30Hz sealed? Eh, it may struggle a bit. Will it go there ported? Easily, and still under a foot.

Lemme get Steven to look over here for you. He has more experiance with the 10 than anyone I know...

3. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Ok, I shot him an E-mail. I'm sure he will reply soon enough...

4. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

Hello all.

The box used will really depend on how low it goes. I've only tried mine in very small enclosures so far. So I'm not sure how well it does in a .6 cubic foot box, or ported. I either haven't had the time or wood to play with it fully.

Anyway, I used to have it in a .36 cubic foot enclosure, and it did very well down low. It beat out some 12's. A 15 is hard to compete with down low, especially for a 10. So you probably won't get the exact results. But you will get darn close, and with a box 1/5+ the size. So in that regards it will be worth it. Of course I'm talking about results down at 20 Hz. At 30-40 Hz, the Brahma should keep up just fine.

As a warning, going for a small box sub means you will need more power to reach similar output levels. Of course you could always port it tuned low and get some awesome results, and still keep your box around 1 cubic foot.

And Seth, thanks for letting me know about this forum. With you and Chris moderating, it's sure a great change seeing some intelligent moderators.
    :robot:

5. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

Thanks Steven and Sandt!! Sounds like exactly what I want.

Is it possible to get a Brahma 10" for cheaper than the price on Adires site?

6. Steven Kephart

I recomend you buying from Seth. That way you will get free shipping. But Adire is very careful on who they allow become dealers. Therefore you won't find any unauthorized products being sold.

Again, contact Seth and he should be able to get you situated.

7. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

OO, free shipping is good :) I dont really have the cash at the moment, but I'll contact Sandt as soon as I do. :D

8. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Yeah, lemme know. I offer free shipping to all forum members.

9. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Steven, we are glad to have you aboard. We need some brains to go with my brawn around here :lol: .

For a quick intro, Steven is an Adire dealer and a very good friend of mine. Steven is also good personal friends of Dan Wiggins who has taught, and continues to teach Steven quite a bit. He is very knowledgeable, and a tremendous asset to this forum.

Let's all give him a warm welcome. :starwars:

10. Steven Kephart

Hi......... I'm Steven and I'm an Arcaholic.

Actually Adireaholic would have been more realistic, but wasn't as funny.

Thanks for the warm welcome Seth. I don't know if I can even match your brains, much less your brawn. I think you have a whole lot more that you can teach me than vice versa. Your understanding of this stuff way surpasses mine.

Why are you looking at my asset? :(

11. luvdeftonz

luvdeftonz Full Member

Melikes Steven. He has a friggin' badass "bass up front" invert install that I wish I could pull off. I also like how Steven only directly comments on gear he has used/installed/heard, as opposed to the legions who just recommend because Joe Blow did. Hey, who has the balls to start a thread saying he finally heard the W7? The fact that he knows DW and has learned a lot of his tech. knowledge from him, makes his comments/opinions that much more valuable. Oh yeah, he hit a 140something with a ten incher...and no Steven, you don't need to downplay a "loose" mic...that's impressive any way you look at it. *Luv wipes the brown off his nose*:)

Last but not least, the best CAF moment of recent history...the thread started by Steven titled (to the effect) "Dan Wiggins is in my house"....like a little kid who actually saw the real Santa Claus.

Welcome aboard, Steven. This place might not get as much traffic as SD, CAF, or SI.n, but the people are a little more real. And Seth is not the brawn...I'm bigger than him AND younger :D

Bring it on Seth... :starwars:

12. Steven Kephart

Well, I should say I got several anal ED guys mad at me because I made the comment that the ED A sub (which I haven't heard yet) isn't quite in the same league as the Brahma. They took that as me saying that the ED sub is comparable to a Pyle sub or something. I don't know how many times I actually said it was a good sub. But now I'm labeled by them as an ED hater.

Haha. Yeah, wouldn't you? I thought that was the ultimate bragging rights. Almost as good as Natalie Portman saying yes to a date. :love:

I think that can be good in some ways. It's kinda nice not having your threads get burried by 10 pages in an hour, but still get answered.

Now that's not hard. :p

Anyway, thanks for the props. I'll do my best to make you laugh too. But if that doesn't happen, then go rent the Blue Collar Comedy Tour. That will make you cry it's so funny.

13. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Steven, don't sell yourself short.

I would rather have tiffany say yes to a date though...

[​IMG] :love:

(go look in Misc topics in the picture forum. You may enjoy it Steven ;) )

14. Steven Kephart

Definitely not bad.

But does Tiffany speak 5 languages fluently? Did she graduate from Harvard? Is she worth more money than you will ever need? :ss:

[​IMG]

15. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Steven, you don't want them too smart... Personally, I like 'em fairly brainless myself... they have less of a tendancy to argue, and are even less likely to win the arguements if they are smart as a rock :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

[​IMG]

16. luvdeftonz

luvdeftonz Full Member

That may be the best/funniest quote in the history of mankind! Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, John F. Kennedy, Aristotle...they ain't got nothing on you Seth :p

I think I found a new sig........... :lmfao:

17. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

That may be the best/funniest quote in the history of mankind! Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, John F. Kennedy, Aristotle...they ain't got nothing on you Seth :p

I think I found a new sig........... :lmfao: [/b][/quote]
    :blush: Shucks, I'm glad you liked that :cat: