Box

Discussion in 'Subwoofer Box and Custom Fabrication' started by RS89c10, Oct 26, 2010.

1. RS89c10

RS89c10 Full Member

I made these sketch and calculations of the box i want. Its for two RE XXX 12's.
    never had this sub, looking for some feedback on what i should change or how to improve it.

Attached Files:

2. RS89c10

RS89c10 Full Member

well for my first post i don't know if you can see the second pic but here it is again, hopefully you guys can read the numbers. its a box calc. i picked up from the steve meade designs forum, they seem to like it over there and i gave it a try, its easy to use.

Attached Files:

• box.zip
      File size:
      73.9 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  3. tommy2tone

tommy2tone Full Member

It looks good to me,but I would definitely double up the front and brace it a bit more.What are you going to power these with?

4. RS89c10

RS89c10 Full Member

i am debating over the RF t-1500bd or the AQ2200d. one amp for each sub but. i dont know if you can see in pic of the box that i did double the front, it is 2" thick and the rest 1" thick.

I also thought of adding more bracing, thanks.

5. RS89c10

RS89c10 Full Member

Another question to these kerf ports, where does the length of the port begin?

does it start and the end of the kerf or just normal like the squared slot port?