Blaupunkt Going After Internet Transshipping

Discussion in 'Mobile Electronics News' started by The_Ancient, Aug 31, 2003.

1. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Yet another
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blaupunkt Going After Internet Transshipping

August 25, 2003 -- Broadview, Ill. - Blaupunkt has hired the Net Enforcers Inc. to track down unauthorized resellers and transshippers who are illegally selling the company's car audio and video products on the Internet.
    While Internet auction sites are generally intended to help private individuals sell used goods to each other, there are many people using these sites to retail brand new merchandise. In almost every case the selling party is not licensed by the manufacturer as an authorized dealer for these products.

"We have a great network of dealers," said Ken Noda, Blaupunkt's National Sales Manager, "but unfortunately, there are a few bad apples who are transshipping to internet resellers and auction-site e-stores. Net Enforcers' role is to help us protect our copyright and branding on Websites across the internet. They will help us identify who is undermining our dealers and put them out of business, at least as far as Blaupunkt is concerned.

"In their first day on the job," Noda added, "Net Enforcers obtained a written commitment from Etronics stating: 'As of 5:00 PM EST on August 20 2003 we have complied with your request to remove all Blaupunkt products from our Yahoo store.'"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Seems funny, I can not find a Recored of a Etronics Yahoo Store, and on Etronics Web Site they still list plently of Bluapunkt Products, so I dont see the real victotry that Noda from Blapunkt insinuats in the last statment

I just love how he thinks that Etroincs is buy from some Transhipping dealer, I am willing to lay money down that Etronics is Buying right from Blapunkt, Under a differant name ofcourse, but still....

I swear, I hope all of these CEO's have more brains than the ones I have seen come out against transhipping, They need to clean their OWN HOUSE, before they start crying about the "Illegal Activities" which at the MOST is using a Picture, as much as they want to belive they can, they cant control who sells what to whom, we have a FREE market, even though they dont want to believe it, Me and Blaupunkt have gone around and around before, they always leave me alone, in the end :D

:boxing: :starwars:

2. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member