Big Install Weekend ahead of me.

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by DaveDSMer, Mar 7, 2007.

1. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

Well.. I got all my stuff.. and this weekend.. is going to kick my ass.

Took a picture of all my stuff lined up.. only think not in the picture are my new speaker baffles , my polyfill, and my masonite as I got them later today after I already took the picture.

Also I went to Lowe's and got a brand new jigsaw.. yay!!

this is what i bought http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=236896-79992-FS5500JSL&lpage=none not sure if its a good one but i figured it had a lot of features so why not.

and here is all my stuff lol

[​IMG]

2. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

awsome...looks like Dave

more pics of the upcoming install man

3. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

yep , will have plenty of pics of the install as i go through it.

4. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

what sound damping material is that??

5. psycho_maniac

psycho_maniac Full Member

Looks nice, but will look a lot nicer when its in your truck. Why did you guy the jigsaw?

6. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

bought the jigsaw to make mounting brackets out of the masonite.. and possibly build myself another box if i cant seem to fit my current one in there. Its a little awkward getting a box behind the seats there because it looks like the cab was designed for a bench seat but mine came with the optional jump seats. Problem beind there is a 5" x 6" ledge running along the bottom rear of the cab that is making my install a pain with that box.

7. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

on a side note can someone tell me what the AudioControl Epicenter does? Its very broad on the description of it and I hear it referenced every now and then.. any insight would be nice.

8. psycho_maniac

psycho_maniac Full Member

I found some info here dave:
    a guy installed one and reviewed it http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170116

one thats for sale at car domain with a description
    http://www.cardomain.com/item/AUDEPICENTERG

and heres some more info
    http://www.techronics.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2128

how much did you pay for that? that last link shows that its pretty expensive. oh and
    AudioControl Epicenter — a digital bass maximizer designed to get the most out of your amp/woofer/enclosure combination. (if that helps AT ALL?)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  9. CadillacETC1997

CadillacETC1997 Well-Known Member

looks very nice
    i only see one problem
    and that is a sony "exploding" amp...

10. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

heh cadi.. that amp has worked for 6 years for me so far.. even survived a 6 foot drop onto concrete.. definately keeping that bad boy going. It may die one day but until then I will just keep on using it. Funny thing is I bought that with that Infinity sub so they are both pretty darn old.. I take good care of my audio equipment.

Thanks for the info psycho ill read up on it so I can figure out what the heck it does.

11. CadillacETC1997

CadillacETC1997 Well-Known Member

i thought you were showing your new equip that you were installing haha
    sonys older stuff isnt bad, hell their hus even the new ones are pretty damn good, subs and speaks are ****
    the only amp sony amp i ever had always heated in my trunk so i put it in my trans am hackback with the free flowin air it never overheated...

12. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

well only the sub amp and sub are from my old car.. the rest is all new stuff.

13. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

there is no need for an epicenter...just wasting money

That sony amp is good in my book...I wouldn't expect many amps to survive a 6 foot drop onto concrete...that is some major negative g force

14. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

yeah dave. about the epicenter.it adds bass to music that lacks bass.
    http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos/Kicker/l715.4.wmv

now i have heard it in person only like 15 years ago.it made an 8 bazooka tube sound like a 12.with only 100 watts.i mean it rocked,but it can gett messy too.most music these days are bass heavy already.so you may not need it.

15. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

If you are using a ported box, i dont reccomend using the epicenter. It creates the lower harmonics at a greater level than the original source material...very hard on subs if abused......It will create frequencies below your port tuning. Not a good thing. If it is a sealed box...go for it. But is very demanding of amps, so STILL be careful!!!

16. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

well currently i am using sealed.. going to test its output against my front stage to see how it does.. if i need more output I may just step up to a ported box as the box volume from the 12.1 isnt a whole lot I should still be able to fit it.

17. sl0wm03

sl0wm03 Full Member

To be honest, i don't know what any of that stuff does lol. I know some of it, like the common stuff, but that other stuff................................

18. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

what are you talking about slow??? all i see in this post is "stuff" and "other stuff"

sorry but my jedi mind powers are depletet from many hard hours of training today and I can't read your mind to know what you are talking about